Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Any Albuquerque 2+2\'s around?

Heading to Sandia for a weekend of cards 15ht-17th and was wondering if any 2+2'ers wanted to meet up?
Old 07-03-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Any Albuquerque 2+2\'s around?

Hey Felix, I'm not from Albq. I'm about 3 hrs. away.. But I will more than likely be up there playing as well.. Isleta also has daily NL tourneys @ 2pm and 7 pm .. the buy ins are generally 10-20 .. and usually have about 3-4 tables on the weekends.. the payouts range in the 200-350 area... but they have some really weak players, and it's tourney expierence for a cheap price.. Isleta aslo offers a pretty juicy 2-10 spread limit game.... Isleta is like 15-20 min away from Sandia.. I try to hit a couple of the tourneys at Isleta , then go play live (4-8) at Sandia ..

My email is sandidgec@yahoo.com .. hit me up .. give me your cell # or something.. and some more details..

Chip
Old 07-03-2005, 05:15 PM

Chip...good deal. I may take you up on that. The only caveat is that this time, I'm flying in (from Amarillo) and won't have a car...the hotel I'm staying at, Sandia has a shuttle that will pick me up....

I will PM you my number though and we'll have to meet up.

-Eddie
Old 07-03-2005, 06:06 PM

Hey, This is a funny, but I think I recieved an email from you on homepokergames.com ... (sandidgec@yahoo.com) is my email.. We talked about a game in Hobbs??? Strange enough... world wide web isn't always so big.. but it sounds good..
Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 PM

Lil' bump before the weekend.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:39 PM

how were the games in the Alb. area? I'll like to hear the local report. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 02:34 PM

I play at Sandia just about every day, and I think we have one of the best 10-20 games in the country. Very loose/passive with a $3 rake. The play in the 4-8 game is unbelievably poor, you would have to see it for yourself. The things I see in that game are hard to put into words, and nobody would believe me anyway.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play at Sandia just about every day, and I think we have one of the best 10-20 games in the country. Very loose/passive with a $3 rake. The play in the 4-8 game is unbelievably poor, you would have to see it for yourself. The things I see in that game are hard to put into words, and nobody would believe me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez - that might be worth making a trip to NM for!!
Old 07-27-2005, 06:47 PM

I'll post it on my lunch break tonight.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had mixed results in the $10/$20 - I've played there six times this year, and average about 0.75 BB/HR. Several times the game was full of "regulars", at least a few of whom are, I believe, "pros". Other times, the game is just as you described. As a frequent player, can you confirm this observation?

The last few times I was there I played $6/$12 (not consistently available), and did consideraby better....

I'm going to 'Burque and Sandia this weekend and would enjoy connecting with any other 2+2er's....