Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 11:02 PM

Default I received a death threat in live play today (content level = ???) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Buck_65
Old 07-02-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: I received a death threat in live play today (content level = ???)

[ QUOTE ]
So here's the scenario...

I'm playing 3/6 at Cache Creek in northern California, and I'm down about 10 bb after a few hours. The table is friendly and chatty. The old man to my right and I are having a great time, we were sharing a similar sense of humor and not having a care in the world.

So the trouble begins when my buddy shows up to recap his blackjack escapades. I fold my hand, and my friend takes a seat next to me to chat and watch me play, which is normally allowed, but apparently not on weekends. The man on my right snaps at my friend with, "You can't sit there, you have to move!" Yeah, I'm not winning so we're obviously cheating...I look him in the eye for a few seconds and warmly suggest he calms down. Instead, this apparently puts him on tilt, since a 21 year old punk like myself ought to show more respect for a 70 year old man. He violently responds with, "Don't tell me to calm down, son! I have my 2 boys here with me today. Don't [censored] with me, son. DO NOT [censored] WITH ME!"

Obviously I call the floor manager over immediately and explain the situation, and they simply don't give a [censored] so nothing is done about it. This completely kills the mood of the table (duh), and no one is having any fun anymore. Somehow I maintain composure and even forgive the man for his ridiculous actions. I begin to play cutthroat poker, not saying a single word other than "bet" or "raise" for the remainder of my stay at the table. It is obvious I am not enjoying myself, and the players begin taking shots at me with more 3 bets preflop, rather than their standard cold calls.

I needed to get these thoughts written down somewhere and share them with people who will listen. I'm not sure what is to be gained from this, exactly. If anyone has anything at all to offer, I'd love to hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the "Death Threat"?

PairTheBoard
Old 07-02-2005, 11:08 PM

Try apologizing next time.

Then re-establish the gambling mood.

It was your mistake, so playing 'cut-throat' poker isn't going to fix it. Apparently, you made everyone else play better against you. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you'd have to be there. He as alluding to having his sons [censored] me up. If you don't see that, I'm sorry for you. It was blatantly obvious he was threatening at least my physical health. Thanks for the help, guys. I appreciate the sympathy and kind words.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try apologizing next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uuuuuh....
Old 07-02-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Forget it

Guess you guys have never experienced anything like this. The situation was explained in detail and everyone agreed it was beyond out of line on his part. If you guys can shrug off this kind of thing, then good for you. I don't allow people to walk all over me in life, which is one reason why I'm going to be a millionaire by the time I'm 30.

Please no more responses, I'm already put off.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you'd have to be there. He as alluding to having his sons [censored] me up. youIf you don't see that, I'm sorry for . It was blatantly obvious he was threatening at least my physical health. Thanks for the help, guys. I appreciate the sympathy and kind words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially: "If you don't see that, I'm sorry for you".

So now you're saying that my not seeing a "Death Threat" in your description makes me so dumb as to be pitied.

What I do see, as is common in these kinds of things, is that your description of your side of the story is almost certainly biased and innacurate. You said some real wiseguy things to the man, acted like a jerk, and got him mad at you. Now you come here, think people are too dumb not to see through you, and expect sympathy from them. That's what I see.

PairTheBoard
Old 07-03-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: I received a death threat in live play today (content level = ???) *DELETED*

I just got a message from Buck telling me to, "Get help and Fxxx off".

I wonder who really got out of line, Buck or the 70 year old gentleman?

Nice to have the Ignore Feature here.

PairTheBoard
Old 07-03-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: I received a death threat in live play today (content level = ???) *DELETED*

Hi $1.65,

I read your scintillating account of that terrifying encounter, and I am now almost comatose, so I pose no threat to you. But listen carefully: I have my son here with me at the keyboard. He is one.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:52 AM

My son would like to type you a message:

qwtehmlk'oiu

Sleep with one eye open.