Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2003, 04:20 PM

Default firepay wire transfer fee

As of 2/11, Firepay will charge $10 for withdrawals to bank accounts, but no charge for deposits or payments.

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, just came across it myself. I've been using Firepay since Paypal died. Is Neteller better? Is there one that doesn't charge a fee still?

NK
Old 02-06-2003, 02:33 AM

Default Re: firepay wire transfer fee

Well back in the stone age (about 2 weeks ago) I made my first transfer using neteller for the amount of $500. It only cost my ass $45, guess I should have read the fine print. Paypal how dare you betray us.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:27 AM

Neteller is better IMO. No fees for deposits or withdrawls to your bank acct. (deposits take like 4 business days so best to keep a balance there...they don't "front" u money like Paypal). Also, don't do Instacash (where you get the money right away) or credit card deposits....both have charges.

Jeff
Old 02-06-2003, 10:56 AM

This pisses me off. Will they send a check for free???

-- Homer
Old 02-06-2003, 01:13 PM

They will not send a check for free, ur best bet is to withdraw any excess funds from the sites you play on, and in turn withdraw ALL MONEY from firepay before Feb. 11th. I just did the same, and I will now open a neteller account. I can understand a small $2-3 fee, but I refuse to pay $10 [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2003, 02:26 PM

Do you know if any of the poker sites will put the full amount of a withdrawal into ones Neteller account even if the original deposit was made with Firepay?

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do that...

-- Homer
Old 02-06-2003, 02:42 PM

I plan on emailing Paradise where I play to ask about that. I plan on being stubborn, and annoying if they dont allow it. I am in the middle of setting up a neteller account so will not ask until that is ready. Furthermore, I am currently saving up to buy a new laptop so dont plan on cashing out until I have $2000 at which point I wont mind the $10 fee if it must be. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2003, 11:46 PM

Fees fees fees...they need to make money somehow, I guess you pay extra for security. Its either that, or sending Golden Tiger poker faxes of the front and back of ur credit card and drivers lisence to become a preferred customer.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:39 AM

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do that...

It might depend when you made the firepay deposit.

Pre-Paypal, Firepay counted as a credit card and initial buyins had to go back there... I think, I think, possibly that this no longer applies, it doesn't apply the other way around.

I also believe that if you told them your reasons that they might make an (200) exception(s) given that they were basically falsely advertising the service.

Most sites use a "flag" system to direct your money, in theory all they have to do is change the flag on your account.... in theory.

Lori
Old 02-08-2003, 12:24 PM

Homer,

Party will do this. They did it for me when I made a large cashout and didn't want like 600 of it to go to Firepay and my credit card (which I had used in the distant past). They will only do this if you agree to "cancel" your ability to use your credit card or your firepay acct. ever again on the site, and since I wasn't planning on using either, I did that so I could deal exclusively with Neteller. It was somewhat of an ass-pain.

Jeff