Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Borgata suprisingly slow for a Friday night..

So I happened to be nowhere near the Borgata last night when I got no less then three messages from my Two Plus Two brethren to meet up with them at one of the local card barns for some Texas Style Hold Em poker.

I had planned on checking out The House of Blues or the new poker room that Caesars has opened.

I wanted to marvel at the all new state of the art poker room at the Showboat named aptly enough The House of Blues. The name of the room sounds like it belongs to a poker room. I asked if they could change it the House of Gallo, however they declined [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I got the word from Mostsmooth that the House of Blues had only four tables going. Mostsmooth reminded me that I still owe him $5 for parking at the Showboat. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Mike, I will get you next time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Poker327 informed me that the Caesars room also had little action. To make conditions worse Caesars situated the room near slot machines. That must make for a lot of noise.

I decided to take the safe road go to the Borgata kick back and relax and play some poker.

I met up with posters Luv2DriveTT, Mostsmooth and Poker327. Mostsmooth and Poker327 played in the same $10 game. The table featured a tiltaurus rex. Poker327 tilted this player when he capped preflop with Jacks and sucked out on the turn against AA. He wore the purple (lavender) dress shirt with the purple striped shirt.

I arrived to the room fresh as a daisy around 11:00. The Borgata only had 2 $6-$12 games going and 3 $10-$20 games. I had a bit of a wait but eventually I sat in a pretty good $6-$12 game.

The room had more no limit games going then limit games.

One dealer told Poker327 and I that the poker room has been very slow lately.

Wondering if anyone else has any comments or personal experience.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Borgata suprisingly slow for a Friday night..

[ QUOTE ]
I got the word from Mostsmooth that the House of Blues had only four tables going.

[/ QUOTE ]
Several people told me they're using pit dealers as well. Room looks beautiful though.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:55 AM

I think an oversupply of cardrooms in a gambling town is terrible for the poker economy, and it is particularly dangerous for middle-limit professionals.

I was nervous about this when I heard that so many rooms were opening up in AC.

scrub
Old 07-02-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The room had more no limit games going then limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm interested in what games they had going and how they were playing.

I've had some pet theories about how the capped NL games will evolve there, and I'd be curious to hear an update, particularly about the quality of the games and their typical depth.

scrub
Old 07-02-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got the word from Mostsmooth that the House of Blues had only four tables going.

[/ QUOTE ]
Several people told me they're using pit dealers as well. Room looks beautiful though.

[/ QUOTE ]
did you happen to notice an electonic wait list of any sort?
i dont recall seeing one. the guy was taking names on a note pad.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm interested in what games they had going and how they were playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno about Friday, but lately on Mondays they've had 5-6 1/2 NL games going. Maybe 2 2/5 and a 5/10, occasionally a 10/25 or even 25/50 although I'm pretty sure those games get going primarily on the weekends (when I can't play).
Old 07-02-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
btw, its too fvcking far of a walk from the parking garage to the poker room. too far. plus the drive is a pain in the ass, especially having to pass by the perfectly fine borgata and its free parking.
also, the showboat did not spend any time looking for hot waitresses, thats for sure
Old 07-02-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you happen to notice an electonic wait list of any sort?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I saw.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:12 PM

also, the showboat did not spend any time looking for hot ASIAN waitresses, thats for sure

I corrected it for you.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:13 PM

"hot asian" is redundant