Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 04:08 PM

Default K6s Am I making good choices?

mike's post got me thinking of a hand I played last week.

PP 30/60 10 handed
I just joined and post in the CO- I'm dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG+1 raises. MP1 & MP2 call, I call button calls blinds call. 7 handed to the flop.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PFR opens MP1 raises MP2 calls. Raise here? I feared losing button and blinds and possibly PFR -- so I just call.

Button and blinds call and PFR re-raises. MP1 & MP2 call and I raise. Now I think everyone is tied on so I'm raising on my draw equity. Good/bad?

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checked to me - bet again? I bet and all call. I feared a check-raise obviously but it's not often I get to bet into 6 limpers on a draw. But I'm still wondering if it's correct. It's also a distinct possibility with the action that the nut flush draw is out there.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] All check to me - I think about betting for about a half second and then I remember I have 6 callers and check.

Ok it's not exactly like mike's but sorta.

Edit: Turn was a 7 not an 8.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: K6s Am I making good choices?

The turn bet is a little questionable but probably fine. Taken purely as a valuebet its probably not so good because of the reasons you site for questioning it, but it also makes your hand look less like a flush draw, meaning you might get more action on the river if you hit.
Flop and river plays are both just right IMO.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:46 PM

I think you need to 3 bet the flop to get better kings out, in case your king outs are clean. I would not bet the turn, as some people may fold or checkraise, which would ruin your odds.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:15 PM

turn seems like a check to me more so with the board pairing.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:14 PM

I'd take the free card on the turn, especially w\o the nut flush draw.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:48 PM

i wouldve been so happy when they offered me the free card in that huge pot. i wouldve checked and hoped button did the same thing. too bad you bet.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn bet is a little questionable but probably fine.

[/ QUOTE ]turn bet is awful. check it. pretty obvious.
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CHECK.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:33 AM

he's betting into 6 people, he probably has 9 clean outs for the flush plus his kings have a chance of being good and getting checkraised might even improve it. betting is not AWFUL.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:27 AM

Hmm.. ya, I don't think betting the turn is *aweful*, but I don't like it. I'd definitely be raising the flop though. This is a big pot - if the button and blinds fold, there's a chance that buys you some outs. Plus anybody who doesn't fold is giving you more money.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's betting into 6 people, he probably has 9 clean outs for the flush plus his kings have a chance of being good and getting checkraised might even improve it. betting is not AWFUL.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know whether you have seen the edit in the OP (board paired on the turn).
but with this change, the outs are everything else but clean. given the action to this point, the pre flop raiser or someone else might have a boat. definitely the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is no good and if someone has trip 8s, the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that matches his kicker is not good. there is some risk that someone has the nut flush draw (not very likely but a possibility). the overcards are almost certainly tainted / already beaten.
to count the outs for 6 is pretty optimistic imo.