Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 01:10 AM

Default JJ taking a little fire

Pretty sure I was ahead here. This is Villian's 1st hand at the table.

Turn is a little scary but the last thing I need to give is a free card. As weird as it is, I didnt put him on a draw.

I usually dont play this level so more likely than not, unless the player is TAGish, Im putting most Villains on any 2. I figure once he calls the turn Im ahead here.

If he raises the turn its pretty likely Im behind. Anyway, what do u think.

PS I like a turn bet far better than a turn check-raise.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (9.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 07-01-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: JJ taking a little fire

The only reasonable draws he could have would be 35 or 56, neither of which are completed when the 5 hits on the turn. And if he's capping the flop with a junk OESD, just thank your lucky stars and accept the odd suckout.

I honestly don't see the confusion on this hand. Seems utterly standard on every street, unless you wanted to throw in a check/raise somewhere.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:03 AM

No no. I won this hand, he had 33.

I was posting mostly to see if the play was standard (still thought the hand was slightly intresting though). I thought betting the turn was both better than check and check-raising.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:16 AM

I'm a wuss and probably would have check/called the turn and river, but I like your line better cause you can fold to a turn raise with a clear conscience.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 AM

if that flop hit him that hard or he's slowplaying a bigger pocket pair preflop at that level... say nh and go after him next time...I like your line. He didn't play it well if he had you beat.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:24 AM

Are you folding the turn (and given the card that came, the river - though I highly doubt the river changed anything) if raised?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:19 AM

My thinking was this:
1.He posted a blind and checked it. Called my raised. (he has any 2 at this point.)

2.Goes crazy on the flop. Im thinking overpair to the board (small chance, but possible), maybe 56 (this being more likely). Small pairs being possible (set is possible, but not likely)

3.I bet the turn, it avoids giving a free card, protects my hand, maybe I'll get the pot...it also gives me a better idea where Im at depending on what he does. If he raises me, I probably call it down. But I was so sure he was weak Id probably 3-bet him.

The river Queen doesnt change anything.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:53 AM

FLOP: Call Villians flop 3 bet and plan to check/call rest of way. Alternate: Fold to three-bet. Probably a close EV decision.

TURN: Spewing

RIVER: Looks OK since Villian slowed down.

Caveat: I can't remember how .25/50 plays. My answer is really framed in terms of how I think .5/1 or 1/2 would play.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was this:

[/ QUOTE ]
My thinking is he's a donk and you just took a shot that he was and you were right. Put him on your buddy list.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 AM

THE TURN IS NOT SPEWING. Argue all u want.

Check/calling down is the worst line. I like to go with my reads and not give free cards when I know Im ahead.

Also, lucky? Are u crazy, I knew I was ahead the whole time. You're right he's a donk, but the strongest point of my game is reads. If u think u are beaten on this flop, u are wrong.

PS: Im doing a bankroll building project. I dont usually play this level, but I do play it a little looser than I do 5/10 and 15/30. If u guys are ever on PS, my name on there is OREOGOD. Right now Im about to hit the .50/1.00 level on there. I basically withdrew everything from PS and had .95 cents left, so I decided to make a project of building another BR for 15/30. Up to 285.00 so far. Moving up the levels once I get 250-300bbs for the next level up. Seems to be going smooth, Im working off and on on this BR building project. Usually when Im bored.

Anyway.