Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Design my computer contest $

I know this is the software section, but it seemed to be the best place to post this. It's time for me to get a new computer, and i'm cluless. I'll put up what I want, and the person whose suggestion I most closely follow, (need everything inc, monitor, keyboard, mouse) you'll get $10 paypal(extra if you find online coupons for me).

My budget is around $1500, but adjustable.

I'm going to need to 4table/pokertracker/gametime, and have the option to add another monitor and 4 more tables, and not have to worry about crashes. Ergonomics and comofrtability are pretty necessary, seeing as this will be an 6-8 hour a day thing for me. If this set up can use one of those swivel things that i can sit in a recliner and play, even better. Flatscreen monitor would be nice, but I can forgo it if it doesn't fit in the budget.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Design my computer contest $

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is the software section, but it seemed to be the best place to post this.

[/ QUOTE ]

More so than the "Computer Technical Help" section?

[ QUOTE ]

My budget is around $1500, but adjustable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's plenty.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to need to 4table/pokertracker/gametime, and have the option to add another monitor and 4 more tables, and not have to worry about crashes. Ergonomics and comofrtability are pretty necessary, seeing as this will be an 6-8 hour a day thing for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screen is the Dell 2001FP, 20" flat panel.

For the PC, there isn't a new one on the market that won't do what you need, go big name (Dell,HP) and cheap, only spec item to watch is you want 512MB or more RAM, not 256. They're all expandable for extra screens.

[ QUOTE ]

If this set up can use one of those swivel things that i can sit in a recliner and play, even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean a rollerball thingy? They'll work on any PC, they're just direct replacements for the existing mouse, the computer doesn't know/care that you're not using a regular mouse.

You can keep the $10.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Design my computer contest $

For 1500 he can get a gig of RAM, stick with AMD processors they are faster and cheaper than Intel. Athlon 64 processors are good. Get a decent video card too, Geforce 6600GT is good and cheap as well.