Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 09:36 AM

Default 10/20NL, 5 handed -Flopped Bottom Two

10-20 NL, 5-handed

Hero is CO w/ 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Villain is Button w/ ~$1,400.
Hero has about ~2500$ I have played with Villain only about 200 hands total and he is ~30% VP$IP PFR 5%, seems ok.

pre-flop: UTG folds, Hero calls 20$, Button calls 20$, SB completes and BB Checks.

flop(80$): J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 80$, Button calls 80$. Sb check-raises and moves all-in for 200$ more (280$). What should I do now? Im not worried about SB, he is probably just steaming since he lost to me just few hands ago. I considered pushing, but I hesitated because I had had lately bad results when I pushed with bottom 2 pairs...so I just called. Well, now Villain moved in ~1300$. For some reason I felt my hand is no good, so I folded [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now when I wrote this post it made me think about this hand I am pretty sure my fold was -EV. Maybe some math guys there could give some numbers? After Villains push the pot was already ~2000$ and it was about 1k$ more for me to call that. What about if Villain would had me covered (2.5k)?

Thanks for your thoughts.

-FuzzyLogic
Old 06-30-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: 10/20NL, 5 handed -Flopped Bottom Two

I think this is an obvious push, especially w/ all the dead money in the pot and the button's stack is short compared to the pot. You're most likely up against some draws and/or an AJ type hand. Just get the money in there and push your edge.

I think this is a clear call as well - don't want to do the math [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Results...

I folded and the shortstack had K-J and the Villain had 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] He rivered his flush and I was happy that I folded [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]