Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 11:51 PM

Default I think I got greedy

2-5 NL at the mirage

UTG raises 25 Folded to me I look down at JJ I call (Usually I raise here but my over all feeling was that this guy was fairly tight and probably had a big hand here, If I reraised, and he shoved or re-raised me I dont think I was ready to call a all-in here, especially since Im heads up and have no odds on my money so I just call)

Flop J T 3 rainbow he bets out 40, Flopped a Set bingo!! (I call, I really think this guy is married to KK or AA or QQ or TT, I think I really have him here)
I call

Turn Q.....Wow this card is a little scary, if he has AK im now drawing, if he has a set of queens im dead, I still really think he has a over pair....He bets out 125, I call.....

River 2.......HE CHECKS!!....I keep thinking that if I check here Im missing value if I dont bet, its a razer thin value bet but the pot is already pretty big and I dont have much left since the max buy-in is 300, Alright Im all in I say, for about 110 more.....He thinks for a minte I almost call the clock over he finally says he calls, he shows AK for the straight.....I dont know what pissed me off more, the fact that he slowrolled the crap out of me, or the fact that I initally thought I played the hand really wrong on all streets.....What do you guys think, I just got up and went out and took a break got something to eat.....Did'nt say a word, What do you guys think about how I played the hand all streets appreciated.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: I think I got greedy

uh is this a joke? first of all raise the goddamned flop. second of all, post with some coherence. third of all, are you REALLY asking if he slowrolled you? he just called with the nuts, you think he has a CLUE about poker? i'd be surprised if he was aware that a straight beat three of a kind. you're obviously incredibly lucky you didn't your stack.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:11 AM

I was all in......he called the all in after about a minute of deciding to whole time im thinking I got him beat he wouldnt take this long to call with AK he would call immediatly
Old 06-29-2005, 12:18 AM

well i didn't see you were all in but the point stands, he didn't put you all in when you were obviously calling for 110 more and he has the nuts, he's not slowrolling, he's just an idiot.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:19 AM

first off, this guy is an [censored] for slowrolling, and you should let him know that. To other poster, guy meant slowrolling b/c he took so long to call river push, even though he had the nuts.

second off:
[ QUOTE ]
I call, I really think this guy is married to KK or AA or QQ or TT, I think I really have him here

[/ QUOTE ]
so raise flop, he'll probably just reraise and you get allin with any of those hands; if he has AK, KQ, or AQ make him pay to draw, even though it's a weak draw. As it plays out, river is an easy push...make a note that this guy is an idiot next time and will make that play.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:25 AM

uh way to completely misunderstand my point... but i enjoyed the lesson on slowrolling.

my point is any idiot who checks the nuts when hero is pot committed and has to call probably doesn't even know he has the nuts. thanks for listening. good day.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:26 AM

lol.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:38 AM

Not pushing the river after he checks is criminal, you have to bet that. The fact that he thought for one minute before calling with the nuts is ridiculous. I'd spit in the guy's drink on my way out of the cardroom. What an absolute BTCH move.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:57 AM

Default WTF Mates?

Hi radiohead et al,

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he thought for one minute before calling with the nuts is ridiculous. I'd spit in the guy's drink on my way out of the cardroom. What an absolute BTCH move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is everyone but me and fslex taking crazy pills? You should not say a word or do anything to this guy for "slowrolling" you! He didn't do it to be a dick; he's an absolute tool who didn't realize he couldn't be beaten. The last thing you want to do is call him a dick for something he did unintentionally; not only does it make you the biggest tool of all, it will sometimes cause him to leave!

As for the OP, you played it wrong on the flop, in general because a J T flop has many drawing possibilities you could be semi-bluffing with, and specifically because your read told you he was married to an overpair. Also, you had 300 to start the hand; I'm looking to get at least 2/3 of it in on the flop. WTF Mate?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:07 AM

notice that the suits arent mentioned...

it probably wasnt the nuts