Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Interesting hand with 44

UTG is 70/23/.92 after 53 hands. He'll raise under the gun with A4s, steal raise from the button with any two, and will checkraise bottom pair on the flop against strength. I've also seen him bet out on the flop with a pocketpair lower than two cards on the flop against a preflop raise. I've seen him call down with ace high.

Button is 21/2/4.33 after 43 hands. he's overly aggressive postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: I is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">I raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, I calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, I calls, Button calls.

River: (11.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, I calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, I folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18.66 BB
Old 06-29-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand with 44

I don't like the flop raise. I might call the flop and fold the turn ui.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:26 AM

PF is borderline, I don't raise if the table is pretty loose or others know your trying to isolate UTG. I like the flop raise, but after button calls my raise and UTG 3-bets, i'm done with the hand unless I hit my gutshot/set. I fold the turn, UTG is still firing, button is still in the hand, and the turn card completes almost all draws or pairs up other drawing hands. Its hard to tell how many outs you have, aren't closing the action, and could be drawing dead. I probably fold to UTG's river bet too, even with your player descriptions, against both UTG + Button I don't think you're good here 1/13 times. HU I might call.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: I is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">I raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like this preflop raise. as i said with you online earlier, playing small pocket pairs (although in position) against a loose aggressive player. if we assume that your opponent is playing with 2 cards higher then 4 (fairly safe) we're basically making a coinflip situation. i dont know how horrible he plays postflop, he looks pretty bad judging by his numbers, but i dont see this hand being very +ev if you are able to isolate alone against this player. and if you're 3bet behind you're in deep trouble. so overall this hand preflop i think is really thin in terms of +ev.

i prefer limping behind or folding, depending on how loose the table is. if the table is loose, then of course limp and play for set value (or becuase your opponent is aggressive, on paired boards with low unpaired cards, such as a 992 or even QQ8, if the utg bets, you can raise, thin the field and isolate there.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, I calls, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

flop raise looks fine. i'm really worried about what the button has now esp. becuase hes "overly aggressive postflop". i think with that we can rule out mid pocket pairs and put him on a mid ace that he thinks might be okay (and have some sort of draw, maybe backdoor, or something like KT or KJ. he might also have a monster hand and be slowplaying it)

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (8.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, I calls, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

turn is fine. you pick up 3 more outs, so i put you having 8 outs right now. with 46 cards in the deck 8:38 is a little better then 1:5 and you're getting better then that. so cool. i'm worried though. you may be drawing dead. you may get raised behind you (btn is really agg, 3rd heart arrived, he's been calling the entire way down).

[ QUOTE ]

River: (11.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, I calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, I folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18.66 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

o god, you gotta fold this. utg's fired every barrel he can. he did bet/3bet the flop, bet out the turn and is now betting the river. button has been calling the entire way down, your hand is no good here.

stealthcow-