Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 05:58 PM

Default QQ full ring - problem on the turn

villain seems like a reasonable platyer. he bought in for what seems like his whole bankroll (something like $170).

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero ???

given that villain seems to be a thinking opponent (whethere he is skilled or not is a differnt story entirely), what's you're line here?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: QQ full ring - problem on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
villain seems like a reasonable platyer. he bought in for what seems like his whole bankroll (something like $170).

[/ QUOTE ]

i would never make many judgments on a person with a lot of money in front of them. is he 'reasonable' soley based on his buyin??

anyways, against many opponents i raise this. a lot of the times he will have picked up a draw, or a worse hand. he might have a weak ten and waited till the turn to see if any scare cards hit. a raise charges him the most when hes on a draw or weak hand.

it really depends on your read though, if he is very passive, i would not raise this.

[ QUOTE ]
given that villain seems to be a thinking opponent (whethere he is skilled or not is a differnt story entirely), what's you're line here?

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesn't seem like much of a read to me. the worst poker player in the world 'thinks' [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 06:29 PM

Raise, vomit and call down on the river if threebet
Old 06-28-2005, 07:16 PM

There's donkbets and then there are bluffs.
Since he's betting into 3 people including your aggression, I don't think it's a bluff. There's also a caller in front and you can only protect your hand against one player behind you. You're drawing dead vs. a straight, you have lots of outs vs. 2 pair, and it's tough to fold to a 3-bet.
This is a pretty straightforward call.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would never make many judgments on a person with a lot of money in front of them. is he 'reasonable' soley based on his buyin??

[/ QUOTE ]

Over at Absolute, I've seen people buy in to the 1/2 6max tables for $10 or $20. It is pretty easy to judge that these people are NOT reasonable.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:25 PM

There are people who bet a flush draw even on the turn, but without a read I discount that. I'd guess J8 just made a straight or he hit two pair. I can't imagine him betting less than two pair into you, so I probably call down. This maybe way too passive though.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over at Absolute, I've seen people buy in to the 1/2 6max tables for $10 or $20. It is pretty easy to judge that these people are NOT reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

It saves me money when they hit a straight flush against my A high flush, because then I only lose the money needed to cap the turn =D.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry if this wasn't clear. what I meant was that I hadn't seen him do anything stupid, but all I really know about him is that he bought in for ~170bb, which is strange
Old 06-28-2005, 09:41 PM

So pot is 6.5 BB, right?

You're 22:1 to hit trips, which are no good if villian hit his straight, but good if he's on 2 pair.

You've got 12 outs to probably hit a higher 2 pair, so you're getting better than 3:1 here.

Tough call. I'd probably fold because I'm not convinced my possible trips or 2 pair is gonna take it and the pot's not that large.

But I could be convinced this is wrong.