Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 03:59 PM

Default When my table went to sh#t....

On Friday at the local B&M, I was doing very nicely at the 3/6 game. Typical collection of lose passive players. I was comfortable with the game and was comfortably up - having almost doubled my buy in.

Then an unknown sat down at the table and turned the game upside down.

To say he was a loose cannon - well that's an understatement.

He was capping - raising, three betting with anything and everything.

It was hard to figure out whether he had anything or was just firing at the pot.

I saw him take down a pot against me with 2 5 or clubs - three betting my raise - after he sucked out a flush on the river.

He took down a pot with a pair of 2's (capping pre flop) and beating a guy on AK suited - with nothign on the board.

So I tightened up considerably. Played less and less hands - not wanting to be raised or 3 betted pre flop.. It meant I threw away some profitible hands - hands like A9 suited - which at these loose games can be profitible once you hit the flush. But now, having to pay all the way (including the raises he was making) seemed just to expensive.

I was wonderign if this was a correct strat. to play - ie. tightening up when someone like this is at your table?