Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:55 PM

Default rooming in Vegas

Which poker rate would you pick up out of Wynn, Mirage, Bellagio?

Mirage is cheapest buy isn't Wynn really nice? Worth it?

Also, I'm assuming you don't have problems finding a game at Wynn?

Where is the softest 8/16 - 15/30?

What does it take to get comped a free room? $100 Blackjack?
Old 06-27-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: rooming in Vegas

Mirage is cheaper than the other two but better check with how much they want you to play, I think they want 8 hours or so on weekends. Mirage doesn't have $8-16, only $6-12 and $10-20 and up.

Wynn is nice but a bit out of the way. Mirage and Bellagio are closer to rooms like the Aladdin and MGM(which has $8-16).

One of the best poker rates can be found at Monte Carlo however, they only spead games as high as $4-8. But they only require five hours a day, which means you can play elsewhere.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:35 PM

I also find that Mandalay has a good rate, great place to stay and only 5 hours / day.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also find that Mandalay has a good rate, great place to stay and only 5 hours / day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been there several times where the largest game was 4/8 with .5 kill. Is this typical? What mid-level games (6/12-15/30) do they play regularly there?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:58 PM

Aren't Monte Carlo and Mandalay 3-star hotels? (A notch below Mirage/2 below Wynn/Bellagio)

I hadn't heard of Monte Carlo and Mandalay's poker rates. What are they?

Although, if their highest games are 4/8 I probably wouldn't book.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:25 PM

6 hours/day at the Wynn gets you $129/night during the week, $199 on the weekends.

Completely worth it. Stay there.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which poker rate would you pick up out of Wynn, Mirage, Bellagio?

Mirage is cheapest buy isn't Wynn really nice? Worth it?

Also, I'm assuming you don't have problems finding a game at Wynn?

Where is the softest 8/16 - 15/30?

What does it take to get comped a free room? $100 Blackjack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just at the Wynn. IMO the poker room sucked. It was new and nice, but the games were bad. At 11am on Saturday morning, they didn't even have enough people for a 15/30 game.

The Bellagio is the nicest and the 15 games there were super good. I, being poor, would stay at the Mirage. I haven't played there in a while, but I assume that the games are good, or at least better than at the Wynn. If not, I'd just make my way to Bellagio to play. Playing aat Bellagio and staying at Mirage is probably still cheaper than the poker rate at Bellagio.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:11 PM

If I were on a budget, I'd search around for a cheap room, and play wherever I want.

For example, San Remo is as cheap as $30 midweek. The Flamingo is as cheap as $80 mid week. Unless being in the same hotel as where you play is real imporant to you, I'd just find a cheap room and not worry about it.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was just at the Wynn. IMO the poker room sucked. It was new and nice, but the games were bad. At 11am on Saturday morning, they didn't even have enough people for a 15/30 game.

The Bellagio is the nicest and the 15 games there were super good. I, being poor, would stay at the Mirage. I haven't played there in a while, but I assume that the games are good, or at least better than at the Wynn. If not, I'd just make my way to Bellagio to play. Playing aat Bellagio and staying at Mirage is probably still cheaper than the poker rate at Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kyleb, This is my biggest concern. The Wynn is very nice, but if games aren't available or are tough and I am stuck there 6 hours a day, then maybe I should stay at the more tried and true Bellagio/Mirage.
Although like you said, "totally worth it", I'd like to check out.

Ken, I'm on budget but not a stringent one. I will be playing a lot of poker, want the softest games, want a 4-star or better, and lastly would prefer to stay where I play. Look at it as part vacation and part poker.

PokerBob, so if I understand you correctly, you would stay at the Mirage without the poker rate and then play at the Bellagio? The regular Mirage rate is not cheaper than the Bellagio poker rate.

Thanks all for chiming in.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:35 PM

How crummy is the San Remo though?