Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Singapore

This week I'm going to be traveling India and have 24 hours in Singapore both ways. I'll be traveling by myself on the way there and in a group on the way back. For those of you who have spent time there; are there any places I should go or things I have to see? Is it safe for an American to wander the streets alone? If you have any suggestions on stuff to see in southern India that would be cool too.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Singapore

There was actually a thread here on this in the last week. Try the search function.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:58 AM

At the airport you can hire a body guard for about $50 USD/day. Singapore is a nice place, but its one of the most dangerous place for Americans on the globe. They have a saying in Singapre, "Steal his wallet, behead him, air in it arab TV".

[ QUOTE ]
This week I'm going to be traveling India and have 24 hours in Singapore both ways. I'll be traveling by myself on the way there and in a group on the way back. For those of you who have spent time there; are there any places I should go or things I have to see? Is it safe for an American to wander the streets alone? If you have any suggestions on stuff to see in southern India that would be cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Singapore is a nice place, but its one of the most dangerous place for Americans on the globe.

[/ QUOTE ]

???? I was there last year with my wife and a few other people ... Several times my wife and I wandered the city alone. I never once felt threatened.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:06 AM

i think he was joking, singapore is quite safe.

to the OP, you probably wanna check out Orchard Road and the area around there.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:29 AM

As far as southern India, Mahaballipuram may be worth checking out, otherwise, just prepare to get very sick.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you probably wanna check out Orchard [b]Towers[b/] and the area around there.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CRIME INFORMATION: Major crimes against tourists in Singapore are uncommon. Petty crimes such as pick pocketing and purse or briefcase snatching occur in tourist areas, hotels and at the airport. Travelers should exercise the same caution that they would in any large city. The loss or theft abroad of a U.S. passport should be reported immediately to the local police and the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you are the victim of a crime while overseas, in addition to reporting to local police, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for assistance. The Embassy/Consulate staff can, for example, help you find appropriate medical care, contact family members or friends and explain how funds could be transferred. Although the investigation and prosecution of the crime is solely the responsibility of local authorities, consular officers can help you to understand the local criminal justice process and to find an attorney if needed.

[/ QUOTE ] link
Old 06-27-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you probably wanna check out Orchard [b]Towers[b/] and the area around there.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yea that too
Old 06-27-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Singapore is a nice place, but its one of the most dangerous place for Americans on the globe.

[/ QUOTE ]

???? I was there last year with my wife and a few other people ... Several times my wife and I wandered the city alone. I never once felt threatened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was joking. Singapore is one of the safest places in the world. There is more crime in the average Elementry School in the States.