Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Flush Me

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

Second hand at the table, nothing on the villain.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Flush Me

Looks fine...your flush vs. set?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the flop is too aggressive?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when you can trap 3 like that. They'll all probably call a raise after your bet, so I like the 3-bet. Makes your overs worth more.

Not to be resuls oriented (ok, to be completely results oriented), but look at how successful that cap was
Old 06-27-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't 3bet this. You risk dropping out all the players who would have called 1 but fold for 2 in the middle, and also if you don't hit on the turn, you have to check and give your hand away.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't 3bet this. You risk dropping out all the players who would have called 1 but fold for 2 in the middle, and also if you don't hit on the turn, you have to check and give your hand away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Werd
Old 06-27-2005, 03:27 AM

Call me chicken but I'm not 3 betting the river in this situation. I've seen A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here too many times.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:35 AM

I agree that u could be worried about A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but im not sure if villain would put hero on a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw necessarily.

Hero's play looks alot like a big PP, particularly with the flop 3bet shutting out the field, therefore i could see villain making this play with a set.

Would villain cap the flop with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and a narrowed field? i doubt it.

The fact that its posted at 2+2 makes me think hero lost.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you want to drop out those three guys if you miss the flush but catch a K or Q for top pair and protect this pot?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 AM

I don't know if I like the flop 3 bet with your position, forcing everyone in the middle to call 2 cold. Also I think I would slow down a bit on the river.