Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Bottom pair with straight draw outs

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (2.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ???

What do you think? I think he's agressive with an Ace or a Queen with no preflop raise.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Bottom pair with straight draw outs

bet the flop or check fold it.

4:1 is not enough to be calling a bet on this flop with your hand.

fold to the turn raise. but i would rather have check folded that in the first place as well. and i don't know what you mean by him being aggressive with an ace or queen without no preflop raise donkbet turn raise semibluff checkraise preflop.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Fold the flop dude.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:31 PM

I think you should have check folded that turn. Even if he's agro the pot is to small. I'd give you maybe 4-5 outs. you may already be drawing to a split pot. The two 9's are clean (just noticed the 9 was [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so your 9's are worth about 1.25 outs since the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is tainted), but the J's may make his straight and J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is not pretty either. and the Q's may just give you a split pot and Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (you know). I don't think it's worth fighting for, and with a pot of only 3 sb (on the flop) I probably would have dropped bottom pair to flop bet.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:20 PM

Either bet or fold the flop. Don't call here. I would probably check/fold.

The turn is an easy fold. 9 cards will help you, but it is likely that any of them except the two 9's will help your opponents. Check/fold.