Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 06:57 AM

Default my stats at 2/4 what I am doing wrong?

Hi!

been playing a while 2/4 at different sites but results don't seem too good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Could you spot something I am doing wrong? sorry got only 10k hands but thought someone might spot something odd.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: my stats at 2/4 what I am doing wrong?

Are you including PF stats in your aggression numbers? (You shouldn't be - make sure that box is un-checked at the top of the page.)

In general, assuming PF is not included in your aggro numbers, you are playing very weak-tight. Your VP$IP should be more like 20 and your PFR should be at least 9.

Aggro should be above 2 in aggregate. Low numbers can either indicate your are playing too passively, (calling too much with strong hands when you should be raising) or that you aren't folding enough weak hands early.

Looking at your WTSD, you seem to be in the right range, so you could just be running poorly. (Your W$SD needs to be in the mid-high 50's.)

You might try loosening up in late position and making a few more steal raises.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:51 AM

seems that I accidently included pre-flop aggression to that.
If I took that away af(tot) is 2.34

And you are right I am not too keen to try blind stealing. Have to try that little more often. And maybe more raising when I am first in in late middle and late position when I am currently just calling.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what I am doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spigge
stranger

Reged: 02/07/05

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me like you're posting stats with too small a sample size (which, apparently, you knew) and haven't posted any hands for analysis.

Being 25BB down after 10K hands really isn't something to worry about. Did you come up through micros or just jump into 2/4 online from B&M play?

CRAP! Who slipped "nice" into my coffee this morning? Are you kidding with this? Re-post when you a) have a problem that we can possibly solve (sample too small, stats don't mean anything in a vacuum, you haven't given us any background, etc.) or b) actually have a problem. And what's really annoying is that the tone of your post indcates that you knew all this and put it up anyway.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:15 AM

Hi Bozlax

Sorry if my post somehow offended you but didn't quite get that tone thing in your post. It might have something to do with that fact that english isn't my "own" language. So I might write little differently.

And about that 10k thing there are numerous post that state that never post anything before you have at least 10k hands so something can be said. And now you are saying that even that isn't enough! So what is ?

I wasn't expacting complete analysis what is or isn't wrong but was interested to hear if there is something fundamentally wrong in my play.

I did start from micro limits 0.05/0.1 was fist limit and I have moved up by that 300bb rule. Some of income came from bonuses when I learn't to gather those. I haven't played any B&M games no limit ones available here.

ps. we all had to start posting some day...
Old 06-26-2005, 12:04 PM

Ignore him. He doesn't need more "nice" in his coffee, he needs less "arrogant ass."

Bozlax, 10K hands is plenty for the indicator stats to converge. The only stat that takes a lot longer is winrate, and the guy didn't about his winrate.

Take that condescending tone to SS where it's more deserved. People in this forum have a wide range of experience and I think the post was perfectly legitimate. If you don't want to help the new posters, you don't have to respond.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:08 PM

don't have much experience with PT stuff, but I have a think your VPIP is very low
Old 06-26-2005, 02:04 PM

To bring some harmony to this thread, I think the best answer is that your stats don't reveal any problem that could be revealed by the stats of a player with only 10k hands. 10k hands can show that a player is being considerably too loose or considerably too tight, or that a player is considerably too aggressive or not aggressive enough. They won't show what your true long term win rate is or whether you make solid, positive expected value post-flop decisions.

Your stats at 10k don't reveal anything that we can reasonably say indicates you are making significant errors. That doesn't mean you're playing well. It just means we can't point to obvious signs that you're playing poorly. Some have said you're playing too tight, but at 2/4, your VPIP is at the low end of a winning player's range.

So you don't get off with an easy answer. You are going to have to dissect your game and, if you're willing, let others dissect it for you. Post some hands, reply to some hands, and learn the game.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:10 PM

You could just be running bad.

You're tight-passive preflop.

Your postflop stats are ok.

Your blind play seems to suck. Review hands you play from the SB and BB and try to figure out where you're going wrong. Are you check-folding too much?

Also, review your EP play. You seem to make it to showdown a lot in EP without a winner. Post some hands where you raised in EP or limped in EP and made it to the river with a loser, and figure out what you should have done.

Rob
Old 06-26-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignore him. He doesn't need more "nice" in his coffee, he needs less "arrogant ass.".

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Owned.