Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Blind play at 6 max

I am planning on making a move to 6 max $1/2 but am not quite to sure on how to play in the blinds here can anyone give me advice on what to defend my blinds with and what types situations I should be raising in the blinds or can anyone direct me to a past threads that may help me.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Blind play at 6 max

Blind defense at $1/2 is very standard - it's almost the same at full ring. This is because the players at 1/2 are so bad they are very rarely attempting to "steal" your blind - raises are much tighter, so we must be tighter out of the blinds too.

Avoid baby aces, unsuited connectors etc.

Call with PP's to try and hit sets. Suited connectors play great from the BB if there are a decent number (3-4+) of players in the hand.

You will have to some adjustments - if it is folded to the SB they will very often raise, so you'll have to defend more from the BB...however, if you are in a 1/2 sh game that is folded to the SB often you should jump to a better table.

Stay tight in the blinds. Don't worry about actively "defending" them until you are up to 5/10 or higher.

You can loosen up a *little* bit as you become familiar with SH poker - but i'd advocate staying tight in the blinds for your first 20k hands or so, esp at 1/2.

Surf