Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 04:21 PM

Default wimpy, right?

I have less than 100 hands on both players.

MP is 87/11/1.0
CO is 42/7/0.7

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 06-25-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: wimpy, right?

I'm tempted to check-raise the flop cause you don't mind a T or even a one pair hand with a J folding. The CO is passive so he doesn't 3-bet the flop or raise the turn without a much better hand, but the problem is Ax is a common coldcalling hand and it doesn't seem this CO bets the flop too lightly.

Given your line I think your river call when diamonds get there is pretty thin.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Not wimpy enough

Checkcall the flop and checkfold the turn.

You are getting 6.5-1 on the turn and your outs look like junk. Your king and queen outs are useless against an ace, your straight outs are very likely to be chopping because MP must have something, there may be opposing tens that tie up your straight outs and kill your king outs, and the diamond draw is a cloud over the whole picture.

Now consider that you are not last to act and MP may be slowrolling a set or straight. It's certainly consistent with his stats and would explain how he managed to "miss" this flop so badly he couldn't autobet.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Not wimpy enough

[ QUOTE ]
Checkcall the flop and checkfold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really liked the turn card and I almost led at it.

[ QUOTE ]
Now consider that you are not last to act and MP may be slowrolling a set or straight. It's certainly consistent with his stats and would explain how he managed to "miss" this flop so badly he couldn't autobet.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP is loose and totally unpredictable - I don't give him a hand just because he checked the flop.

Anybody else getting away from this one? Where?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Not wimpy enough

I dump the turn.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:59 AM

I want to call the turn then fold the river. Call the turn because I think there's still a pretty good chance I have the best hand and at least have some outs if I don't, and fold the river because after CO bets again into both of us when the flush card hits I don't think I do anymore. But I know how much people to like to fold for one more bet in a decent sized pot...
Old 06-26-2005, 07:54 AM

I think you have to consider what MP has checked with after raising pre-flop, is he setting up a check raise?

And

What does CO call preflop with that is behind hero (does he call with any ace here or does it have to be a broadway hand)

I'm either calling or raising depending on the answers to those questions.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:10 AM

Think check-raising the flop is good after the pfr checks, getting him off KK would be awesome. TT would be good too. If BB is tight, then he may fold Ax here aswell. Anyways, lots of hands you want folding, could fold if you raise.

Not sure about the turn, IF you are very sure that he will bet again with whatever he bet the flop with, then check-calling is probably better than betting out as it gives you more room for riverplay.

Think you should bet the river for value/bluff, lots of good stuff can happen. Especially with MP sandwiched between you.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:19 AM

I fold the flop your 1 card straight draw isnt worth squat and a guy that passive has you beat most times.

These sort of flop calls cost you money cos when a king falls you get shown a ten and when a ten falls you usually split or get no action. Not to mention the possible flush that could come.

He likely has an ace, a made straight, or is on a flush draw.

I'd have my money on KT.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to consider what MP has checked with after raising pre-flop, is he setting up a check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything. This guy sees 80%+ flops. I'm not worried about him.

[ QUOTE ]
What does CO call preflop with that is behind hero (does he call with any ace here or does it have to be a broadway hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays too loose preflop; he doesn't need broadway cards or an ace to call a raise. I'm not certain about his postflop play.