Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 04:52 PM

Default ACR promo buck change?

When I logged in yesterday I thought I saw a disclaimer under the 'Play 200 hands for $50' announcement that hands played during these periods (Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat from 7pm to 3am) would not count toward promo buck conversion to real dollars. Is this something new or did I just miss it or did I just misread/misinterpret what I saw? I could've sworn last week when I was playing these nights that my promo buck hands were going down, in fact I'm sure of it.

Any info is much appreciated.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Re: ACR promo buck change?

That's right. There are two changes that I am aware of that went into effect when the 200 hand promo started going 4 nights per week.

1. Hands played during 200 hand promo time do not count towards the delayed withdrawal counter unless you are playing 2/4 or higher.

2. If you play 2/4 or higher, raked flops count double as far as the delayed withdrawal counter goes.

I could be wrong, but this is my interpretation. Maybe Torstyn can clarify the changes.

I understand that the purpose is to get more players in the 2/4 and higher games. I hope the plan doesn't back fire and cause people to just put in their 200 hands and leave. In the past I have usually stayed after getting my 200 so that I can work off a few delayed withdrawals.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:10 PM

Just curious....I played on ACR a while back (maybe 6 months ago) and won $25 in PB's a couple times. I lost them before I could cash them out and haven't been back since. Could someone give me a quick breakdown of how to earn promotional dollars and how much I have to play to be able to cash them out. If it would be easier for me to simply reference the information available on the web site, let me know. The reason I ask here is that I recall the information provided on the website being somewhat jumbled in the past (that may have changed now).

-- Thanks, Homer
Old 01-27-2003, 09:11 PM

Hi guys,

You have it pretty much spot on tdiddy in regards to the changes, however it has been made more to stimulate play at hours outside of the hours we offer the bonus then to have everyone play higher limits. This change will I am sure help the cardroom grow and also give those presently with promo bucks more opportunity to play them out.

I did however also wish to show a difference in burn rate for promo bucks between playing a .50/$1 limit to playing $2/4 which is only fair.

We are already seeing a positive effect as since Friday when it was introduced we have had games going around the clock and our peak promo hours growing to around the 200+ real money players.

In regards to the possibility that players leave after there 200 hands, sure there will be those that do however a lot are also there on those nights as the games are at the moment best then and they really just want to play!

Conditions for the removal of Promo Bucks have remained the same in that you are required to see the flop on a raked hand (excluding heads up play).

Kind regards,

Torstyn Cole
Old 01-27-2003, 09:53 PM

Basically you get them either from placing in a tournament (they give these out both in complete freerolls and their multi-table tourneys) or by playing 200 hands on one of 4 nights. They are usually issued in increments of $25, though they can be greater or lesser (for example, frequently Torystn has high hand promos running concurrent with the "free promo money" nights, so if you get your monthly straight flush it can be worth one $50 promo buck "nugget" in addition to the $25 "nugget" you would earn by playing 200 hands that night.

They also have sports pools on Mon. and Thurs. for high hands and frequent players (respectively) with three-figure promo buck awards. Early on I got one for $200. Tourney players are eligible for a smaller $100 award on mondays should they hit a high hand.

I think the 25% deposit bonus is also issued in promo bucks, but I'm not sure.

Irrespective of its size, you work off each "nugget" by seeing 200 flops. If you only play during promo times you'll find that the backlog builds up pretty quickly.

I think Torystn works hard and tries to do right by his customers. I have cleared low four figures from the site, but have noticed the games are much tougher lately. Come on over, and bring your D game.