Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Ho Chunk Sunday and Monday night

I assume they still have a poker room. Was there last year the night before it closed, but was playing at Potawatami a week or so later and one of the dealers said Ho Chunk was reopening the poker room.

So if anyone is going to be there Sunday or Monday night, I'll be playing $5/10 (or similar limit) HE wearing a black Chicago Bulls hat. Say hey if you see me. No 'Sup Bro?''s please.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Ho Chunk Sunday and Monday night

Post if it's open. I drive by that place a few times a year, and would stop by if the room were going again.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:29 AM

I have not heard of it re-opening, but if it is open please post back here and let us know.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:04 AM

I was there last weekend, and while they had signs announcing that the poker room would be reopening, it hadn't happened yet. It looked like they still had a fair amount of work to do before they would be ready.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was there last weekend, and while they had signs announcing that the poker room would be reopening, it hadn't happened yet. It looked like they still had a fair amount of work to do before they would be ready.

[/ QUOTE ]

No date given? This would be spectacular news.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:41 PM

That would be spectacular indeed. I just moved to the madtown and i'd much prefer to go to ho chunk. I hate going to potawatami (even though the games are good there too).
Old 06-25-2005, 05:41 PM

Try St. Croix in Turtle Lake.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:49 PM

I'm not sure how far away that is, but I think it is a bit farther than I would prefer to drive. Thanks for the tip though, it is on the list of places I would like to stop at. Maybe i'll make it up there one of these weekends.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Not open

As I walked in the main entrance, I got really excited as I saw the letter's "POKER ROOM" up high on the far wall. As I progressed past the $5 and $10 Blackjack tables (didn't they use to have other table games?) the rush of adreneline began to kick in. But alas, my heart was broken as I reached the hallway where the entrance to the room was, only to find it roped off, and an empty room stading there before me. "What happened to the poker room?" I asked the lady serving coffee at the beverage stand near the 'High Stakes' slot area. "Hasn't been open in a year", she said, and my heart sank as I slowly made my way to the $5 blackjack tables, where I grinded out a 20 minute blackjack session. I soon got up and left, up $5, but still disapointed about not being able to play any live poker. Oh well, at least I had a Duck ride to look forward to the next day.

No one there seemed to have any idea if or when the poker room would re-open.