Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Winrates...happy with 1BB/hr????

I've just finished my first 35k hands at 5/10 6max. In fact, it was my first attempt at SH play. I started with a winrate of 3.5BB/100 in my first 5k hands. I was already writing my resignation and letting the online sites know I'm ready to do endorsments.

Reality hit. After 15k hands, I'm running at -1BB/100. I hit all the downswings that everyone has talked about. I was on a rollercoaster that I wasn't ready for. But now, I've fought my way back up and I'm at 1BB/100 and I'm somewhat happy.

I'm starting to figure out this game (properly applied aggression, but know when to back to down). I learning how to play LAG, TAG and those lovable calling stations.

But, it wasn't easy to get to 1BB/hour. It sounds to me like most people say they are 1.5-2BB/hr. Some hit the sustained 3.5BB/hr (good for them!). But I also hear everyone talk about the 200BB losing streaks over x thousand hands. Are you running that good to make it up? Or do people play that much to make up for such a losing streak? It's taken me a long time to get back to 1.

Without doing a poll, what is the average 2+2's winrate for 5/10 6m? I feel like I'm doing well, but not nearly where I feel I should/could be.

Comments?

ps, I don't have my stats to post (at work and PT's on home machine)

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Winrates...happy with 1BB/hr????

35K hands is no where near a large enough sample to know what your winrate is. You could in fact be a losing player. So just focus on learning and playing well.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:40 PM

You should be happy with 1bb/hour after your first 35k hands playing shorthanded. You shouldn't be getting worried about your winrate yet, though.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:41 PM

who cares what others win, u (and all of us) can always learn play better. what the average 2+2er wins has no bearing on what u can win. some poeple do win more than 1bb/100, some don't. some have run for less than your winrate over the same number of hands yet still maintain overall winrates much higher than yours. but who cares about them. its all about you. post some hands and reposnd to hand posts and keep working on your game. that's all you can do. and try not to tilt
Old 06-24-2005, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the quick replies. I can definitely see a lot of improvement since I've start SH play. It's a whole new game. I've always thought of myself as a decent player and being down/winning little can simply be frustrating. But, as everyone says, it should be about making the correct plays. The winrate will work itself out in the end....
Old 06-24-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares what others win, u (and all of us) can always learn play better. what the average 2+2er wins has no bearing on what u can win. some poeple do win more than 1bb/100, some don't. some have run for less than your winrate over the same number of hands yet still maintain overall winrates much higher than yours. but who cares about them. its all about you. post some hands and reposnd to hand posts and keep working on your game. that's all you can do. and try not to tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome post