Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 PM

Default AKo hands from SB that missed the flop

Someone suggested that I may have a minor leak based on some advice I gave to lead the flop into 4 players on a drawy board with AKo overcards and a BDFD. I went through a ton of hands and couldn't find a similar hand in my own DB. (Heh, no leak for me.) I figured I'd post these anyway, since I probably do suck in this situation. Comments appreciated.

Hand 1:

CO is TAG

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Hand 2:

No read on CO. Button is LAG

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Hand 3:

UTG is 17/5/2.5 in 400 hands. CO is a donkey.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Hand 4:

Villian is 78/4 in 50 hands

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Hand 5:

MP1 is 45/4 in 30 hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 06-23-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: AKo hands from SB that missed the flop

Gonna try responding to this one blind.

Hand 1:
Being out of position here, and with the raiser directly to my right, I think I would call here, then be ready to c/r any flop. At micros, people who have put in one bet are probably going to call two more pre-flop. A c/r on the flop will do more to protect your hand. With the 3-bet pf, I don't think there's much to change.

Hand 2:
Looks about right.

Hand 3:
Here, I don't like the call pf. I would 3-bet this right off the bat. You're in big trouble against AA or KK, and with that low pfr stat, that's a good possibility. 3-bet it. Whether or not he caps or not will tell you a lot. I dump this on the turn.

Hand 4:
I was about to say I hated this flop raise, then I saw that it was a blind defense. Therefore, this is fine.

Hand 5:
I don't like this flop bet. What could MP1 cap w/ pf that wouldn't raise you here? You're practically dead against AA, 3 outs against KK, 6 against QQ and JJ, and AKs is just tying you. The flop bet gives you no information, as any of those hands will raise you in position. It may sound weak, but I check/call this flop, and check/fold that turn.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 PM

--- Hand 1:

I am glad you said that CO was TAG, and not weak tight. I was CO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Here is my unbiased analysis:

FLOP: I think I would play it the same way. The pot is huge, you may have the best hand and betting the flop may push MP2 out, and increase your chances of winning the pot. Also CO's reaction to your bet should give you a good idea of were you stand.

TURN: you are getting over 9-1 from the pot and CO's most likely hand are a flush draw or an overpair like (99-JJ). Some times mp2 will have you reverse dominated with a hand like A9, other times you will have only 4 good outs, but I think the pot is offering you a good price, and you will often have 6 good outs. Also MP2 could have been calling with over cards on this flop.

RIVER: Fold because the possibility that CO has a busted draw AND bets it, AND MP2 called the turn with a draw is too small.

The other hands will require more thinking.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am glad you said that CO was TAG, and not weak tight. I was CO .

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice catch. It was certainly you. Am I correct to assume you had TT or JJ?

Edit: BTW, nice analysis and exactly my thought process.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:27 PM

Raise hand 2 on the flop. The pot is large, so a raise may knock a competitor out, which is good, and with so many outs if you get called, that's good too.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:46 PM

Yes, I had JJ.

I would have played 99 and TT the same way. I think I would have taken the free card with a flush draw.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise hand 2 on the flop. The pot is large, so a raise may knock a competitor out, which is good, and with so many outs if you get called, that's good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am first to act. Are you suggesting I checkraise? I went into drawing mode here, but I suppose that getting it heads up with the LAG is worth a shot.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Yes, check-raise. The pot is too large for betting to protect your hand, but a check-raise could. In a large pot if you can knock someone out who might have beat you if he had stayed in, that's a very good thing.

If the pot is small, you can bet to protect your hand. If it's large, and you're in front, check-raising can be the way to go when a bet won't protect your hand. If it gets checked through, then you can lead out with a double bet on the turn. If the pot is really large, you may wish to wait until the turn to check-raise. There's an interesting thread about someone with a JJ about this posted close to the time you posted yours.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:18 PM

Bet the flop in Hand 4. A flop bet followed by a turn bet, and the pot is yours.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop in Hand 4. A flop bet followed by a turn bet, and the pot is yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

When IS is checkraising the flop a good play when heads up?It seems like a common play, but yet I never know when to apply it.