Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Flopped trips facing a lot of action

Have been at the table for about 20 minutes. MP seems like a loose passive. SB is aggressive PF and postflop. Other than that no good reads other than SB would usually raise PF with a pocket pair.

New to limit play... how did I play every street.

Thanks in advance.

NNH

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (21.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB
Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Flopped trips facing a lot of action

raise the river, call a 3-bet. If its set over set, well that's poker. If sb is aggressive he may have overplayed KT here.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:46 AM

throw in one more on the river -- I'm not convinced you're beat quite yet (but pretty good chance man)
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM

Getting 2:1, you can raise the river. You know SB will probably raise a pair as high as 88, and he certainly doesn't have KK. His play is totally consistent with an aggressive player pushing KT. He thinks that you have a weaker 2 pair. Pop it.

If he 3-bets, you're almost always beat, but should call anyways. The pot is just too big to laydown here.

-Eric
Old 06-23-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have been at the table for about 20 minutes. MP seems like a loose passive. SB is aggressive PF and postflop. Other than that no good reads other than SB would usually raise PF with a pocket pair.

New to limit play... how did I play every street.

Thanks in advance.

NNH

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (21.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is tough because your are getting a lot of action from one of the blinds, which could very likely be 2-pair on this board.

On the flop, I would cap because I try not to worry about oversets. Also, if someone bet into you on the turn after that, it might be a sign to slow down.

I think you played the turn great.

On the river, I would say by now villain has you beat enough times that you should just call.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:15 AM

You'd likely get better responses in the Short handed forum since it's 6 handed. I would cap the flop. Turn is fine, and put in a raise on the river and call a 3-bet.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:36 PM

Thanks for the advice. I had MP on 2 pair, but I was kind of lost with SB. When it came to the river, I had a feeling I was ahead, but SB with 88 or TT was still enough of a possibility to make me just call.

Both SB and MP had KT.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:45 PM

I would raise the river. An overset is possible but it's rare enough that I wouldn't slow down until i'm sure. It's way more likely people are raising and capping two pair, and maybe agressively playing draws.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's way more likely people are raising and capping two pair, and maybe agressively playing draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

2:1 more likely? Not IMO.