Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 08:35 PM

Default I thought 1/2 was supposed to be a rock garden??

I've been hit with more stop n go, raise with crap, call with the nuts, limp re raise, fold in the dark, horse [censored] today than I ever have. Now this hand was uncomfortable. I feel like I'm back at Pacific nickle dime game.

Where do I fold this???
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (24.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 32.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Qd 8s (two pair, eights and sixes).
MP1 Ah 6h (three of a kind sixes)
Hero has Kd Kc (two pair, kings and sixes).
Button has 2d 2s (full house, twos full of sixes).
Outcome: Button wins 32.75 BB. </font>
Old 06-22-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: I thought 1/2 was supposed to be a rock garden??

Reading through that and looking at the results makes my head spin. I can't find much sense in the play of your opponents. There is no sense to it in fact. It is sheer insanity!

As for your play, I think it is good til the turn and too aggressive after that.

I save myself a bet on the turn. After it has been capped on the flop there is no way you can think you are WA of everyone on the turn. Just call the turn.

As for the river, this is where you fold. There has been a bet and a raise before you. Your cowboys are no good. Save 2 bets and toss em.

You could have saved 3 big bets during this hand imo.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:24 PM

Looking back I can see that now. I just kept looking at the size of the pot and couldn't convince myself MHING.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:24 PM

Wow, haven't read results yet, causes reverse thinking. I don't really like the turn raise. That's a wicked hand. At the risk of sounding weak/tight, I think I'd let go on the turn bet or deffinately when it's 2 to me on UI river. But the pot is 24 BB so even with 2 to you it's 12:1. Damn that is a toughie. Looking for a CT or Poohba's advice on this.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:14 PM

The only place I consider folding is the river. Nice table selection.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:58 PM

Not even examining the post flop play:

UTG is a maniac. Nothing you can do about that. He'll pay off eventually.
MP1 made an borderline call--suited A with weak kicker. Probably shouldn't have even called your reraise.
Button cold-calling 3 bets with 22. Idiot. Got lucky, and you pay for it.

[censored] happens.
I thought you hand play was fine. Stick to it...you will eventually own them.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:05 AM

I think you need to fold when its 2 to you on the river. I cant ever see when you will be good here when it goes bet, raise and there is still the button behind you.

I dont think a $1/$2 player (MP1) is good enough to pull this play to get you off the best hand.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:05 AM

I had one like that where donk capped preflop with 44 in SB and hit his set. I mucked my AA went outside smoked a pack of cigarettes and took a wizz. Then back to work
Old 06-23-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button cold-calling 3 bets with 22. Idiot. Got lucky, and you pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I fail to see how spending $3 before the flop to win a $65 pot was a bad play. Even if the pot ended up half of that he still had the odds to call.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I fail to see how spending $3 before the flop to win a $65 pot was a bad play. Even if the pot ended up half of that he still had the odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quit being results oriented. There was no way in hell to put a finger on the size of the final pot.

The reason it is sometimes correct to cold-call with PPs (given the correct texture and players and blah blah blah) is that the immediate odds that you lose are made up with the implied odds of mad action on the flop and turn if you spike your set. You generally need to scoop a 8-9 BB pot to make cold-calling two worth it. If you have to call 4 SBs, it is twice that. That is why cold-calling three bets with only two other players in the hand so far is a really bad idea.

-K