Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 06:24 PM

Default HU in position to check the turn or bet.... (2 hands)

Getting some rust out of my system. Both hands are early in a session, so I mostly just have preliminary stat reads. I'm mostly looking for SOP with these types of hands and what type of opponents you would bet vs check the turns here.

Hand 1:
Villian is running around 30/7/1.0 after about 25 hands. A bit loose, a bit passive, non-tricky from what I've seen.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Taking a free showdown.

If check-raised, I'd call and fold the river UI, call if I pair up, and raise with a flush.

-------------------------------------------------

Hand 2:
Villian is running around 65/19/1.9 after about 25 hands. I haven't seen enough of his showdowns to really judge his choices accurately yet.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

I will call a river bet or check behind UI.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: HU in position to check the turn or bet.... (2 hands)

I like both your moves. Hand 1 villian is passive and could have easily just been peeling one off. If not he may also be on a draw and will just call the turn and allow you to win w/ k high at a free showdown.

Hand 2 villian is aggressive and it would suck to have to pay 2 bets to see the river. I take the free card and call any bet because LAGs love to bet when shown weakness.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:41 PM

i play both the same
Old 06-22-2005, 06:47 PM

You missed a bet on the turn at hand 2. Why give a free card to someone possibly drawing for a diamond or an Ace?
Old 06-22-2005, 06:47 PM

Look good.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You missed a bet on the turn at hand 2. Why give a free card to someone possibly drawing for a diamond or an Ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

villain has a K or Q more often then he has the Ad or Jd

checking also induces a bluff
Old 06-22-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

villain has a K or Q more often then he has the Ad or Jd

checking also induces a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

And where do you base that? He is loose PF so he can be calling with anything. He would probably bet with K (or Q) in order not to give us a free card or just b/c he is LAG (thogh 25 hands are not enough to say).
Betting the turn gives him the chance to call incorrectly with 5:1 odds and a lot of times he will make his hand and still lose.
Even when we are behind we have outs to improve.

EDIT. He can be calling with any ace not only Ad. And we don't want to give him a free card there as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:22 PM

I bet them both.

Betting the first for a free showdown is kinda dumb though. You have king high. Your fold equity on the turn isn't bad coupled with the equity from your hand is the reason I bet this.

Krishan
Old 06-22-2005, 07:42 PM

Hand 1: Perfect

Hand 2: Against VP 69, bet the turn on hand 2 every time. I probably close my eyes and bet most rivers against him as well. (You'll get shown something retarded like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6x here a lot if you check behind)
Old 06-22-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet them both.

Betting the first for a free showdown is kinda dumb though. You have king high. Your fold equity on the turn isn't bad coupled with the equity from your hand is the reason I bet this.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

i just meant my plan was to take a free showdown, not that that was the primary reason for my bet.

Hand 1 result:
Villian had ATo in hand 1 and check-called when I bet a river J.

Hand 2 result:
Villian had 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 and bet the river. I called and MHIG.