Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 02:06 PM

Default I\"ve decided

It's impossible to consistently beat the low limit sngs on party.

I have been playing poker since before it was popular. My profit last year was around 50k. Most of my winnings came from MTT's and a little from side games. This year I havent been able to travel much so i have been focusing on trying to beat online poker.

Anyway playing multiple SNG's is alot more fun for me than cash games. and the variance for the MTT's is a little high. I decided to start at the 10+1 party tables and climb my way up. I play four at once and its slow for me, i am probably gonna play 8 or 12 as soon as i get a new rig or mine set up for it.

My results for the first 40 or so SNG's was about 4$ profit per sng and I cashed in almost half of them. This is right about where i thought i should be. In my last 40 SNG's i pretty much gave back my profit from the first SNG's. I show that 7 times i got caught stealing. 8 times i got coinflipped out. and 24!!! times i lost with the best hand. I keep telling myself that variance will catch up and i will start making profit again, But as i play sng after sng my hope diminishes.

My strategy is pretty simple, unless special circumstances i only play top 4 hands during the first three levels. During the 25-50 and 50-100 levels i will start attempting steals. after that I calcualate fold equity and know when i have positive EV to push for the blinds or call with the best hand. I am very patient waiting for my spots if im shortstacked and steal more when big stacked. Elementary poker....

Anyhow sorry if i am whining but i am hoping writing this will relieve some of my frustration and maybe you people can tell me something i am doing wrong.