Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 08:51 PM

Default 2 hands.....am I spewing?

MP1 and CO are both new to the table with less that 1/2 an orbit, so no reads.
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

I have 2nd pair with BDFD and BDSD, so I bet out. I thought about checking and hoping someone in late position would bet, then I would raise to thin the field. This table had been fairly passive though with several flops getting checked through, so i wanted to bet here hoping to knock a couple out.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Not sure what I was thinking at the time I 3 bet here, but I dont think it is that bad. based on no pf raise, im only worried about 22, KT, or Q9 and I dont think I was convinced by MP1's raise.
Does anyone slow down on the turn or find a fold here?

River: (14 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ?

Im thinking call this big pot down for 1 bet even though I am sure I am beat here, but having no reads, I want to see it. Although there is the chance that MP1 will wake up again and raise with me caught in the middle.

CO is 58/6/1 only 38 hands. No read on button, less than 1 orbit on the table.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Should I have raised here, or with the CO waking up just make the call. There is no way Im folding this.

River: (17 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero ?

Final Pot: 19 BB

river helped nobody. Im thinking another call here in this big pot for one bet, or does anyone have a reason for a fold here.

Im looking through hands from the last few day just looking for leaks and have come across several like these two.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: 2 hands.....am I spewing?

Hand 1.

I wouldn't be limping into pots with JTs UTG. However, you mentioned that the table was passive so the risk of it being raised behind you is relatively small. Flop and turn are fine. Call the river for one more. Yes he probably has you beat but the pot is so big you can't fold for one bet more.

Hand 2.

Again call the river. The pot is too big to fold.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:06 PM

In Hand 1 I would typically bet/fold the river. I'm pretty sure you're not getting raised unless you're beat. And yes it is an easy limp UTG.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:31 PM

Hand #1: call the river. i hate the "bet/fold" line, thought it may be the right one.

Hand #2: fold preflop IMO first in. i'd want to fold the river, but the pot is big.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 11:38 PM

first hand I would probably check/call one hand on the flop.

Second hand, I think that's a pretty bad limp 7-handed.