Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Weirdly played rebuy hand

I have 7500 to start this hand, villian has 15k or so, and I'm not sure what to think of villian, so sorry, no read.

Villian makes it 450 to go from EP. One caller between, and I call with 44 from the button. Blinds fold, and 3 of us see a flop of AQJ with two spades. Villian checks, caller checks, and I decide to be tricky (IE, BAD) and bet 300. EP calls, and caller folds.

Turn is Qo. He checks, and I check, ready to be done with the hand.

River is a 4c. He bets 1300.

Hero?

Nick

p.s. Preemptive strike, yes the flop bet sucked.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Weirdly played rebuy hand

I like this line. *shrug*

You likely buy a free river and you make the pot bigger the times you hit your set if you get called, and you win the pot the times you don't. And if you get check-raised it's a very easy fold.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:23 PM

Easy call. You have to think that even with AA, QQ, or JJ he'd be betting/raising before the river with both straight and flush draws. I do think this is a time when if you raise you're usually only called by a hand you're behind so it's not worth the risk.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy call. You have to think that even with AA, QQ, or JJ he'd be betting/raising before the river with both straight and flush draws. I do think this is a time when if you raise you're usually only called by a hand you're behind so it's not worth the risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I like your reasoning here Llyod. If he'd be betting AA,QQ, & JJ to protect, wouldn't he be just as inclined to do that with AQ (or QJ, tho I think that hand is unlikely)?

If he slowplayed with all those draws then I guess he deserves to get my stack (not that it's all that hard to get my stack). I minraise the river to try and milk him. If he reraises, I pee myself, call, and hope for KQ.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:32 PM

I call. Even if I win, he can't see me looking sheepish. I would think I'm ahead more often than I'm behind, but I'm sick when he repops my raise. Especially with that catch, and the fact that he could reraise me with a worse hand and me none the wiser.

-D.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:55 PM

Hero calls.

The river didn't help villain. Villain can assume that the river didn't help hero either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Hero could easily have a str8 here.

Here is my range of hands for villain

AQ possible 6 ways
AA possible 3 ways
TT possible 3 ways
QQ possible 1 way
KQs possible 2 ways

AK possible 12 ways.
AJs possible 3 ways.
AJo possible 9 ways.
AT possible 4 ways. unlikely 3XBB opener

The pot is ~T2200.

I think hero does not place a value bet with AK-AJ because the pot is small and he has call down value with the hands.

I think he only value bets KQs or better. His bet of more than 1/2 the pot is pretty confident.

It may seem w/t but I think I just call, I think AQ is most likely.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:58 PM

So no one raises the full house here?

Nick
Old 06-21-2005, 08:07 PM

What do you think villain has to open 3XBB in early position and bet with QQ on the board?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:10 PM

You gotta decide if you are going to call a re-raise here for your whole stack. I probably take the shot and make it 3k to go on the river, and then call (grudgingly if he comes over the top).
Old 06-21-2005, 08:21 PM

this seems like a definite call with an almost absolute zero consideration of raising. nothing you beat, calls a raise here. and a 2/3 size bet of the pot here tells little of the strenght of his hand. call and be glad you won if you did and glad you lost so little when you hit your card on the river. and why are we betting the flop again against 2 players?