Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Crazy play?

Sometimes, or actually a lot of times, I look at a hand in retrospect and ponder what is wrong with this hand. Often it seems there is a lot wrong with the hand. But what? Or maybe it is not so bad at all? Like this one. At work - No hand history on this comp to convert.

Comments appreciated on all streets.

Flop: Raise no good?
Turn: Check?
River: Value bet that?

I am in CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Loose and passive $2-$4 game. EP limps, MP limps, I limp, blinds complete/check.

Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds and EP check, MP bets, I raise, everybody folds, MP calls

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP check, I bet, MP calls

River 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP check, I bet, MP calls
Old 06-21-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Crazy play?

You did everything just right.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:45 AM

i have no problems with the way you played that.

i take it you were planning on checking behind on the river UI, but of course you now bet your 4's over.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:47 AM

Since he didnt C/R the turn, it's unlikely he has trip 5s
Old 06-21-2005, 06:03 AM

First of all please include any reads on the players at your table that you can. Also, overall table conditions will be helpful.

Preflop: Fine, many under certain table conditions could see a preflop raise here. You can control of the hand (where you can take a free turn card if you want), and you win the button. You also can add some value do to the fact that you have a hand that plays well multiway with a few limpers in front of you. Just something to consider.

Flop: This is where a read would be nice, against a lot of players this is a raise, against a lot of others (and also considering the people behind you) this is a call or a fold. I see a lot of players betting into you with 66, 77, 88, 99 and not raising preflop. Against a decent player I think this is a fold getting 6:1 and being next to act. The only hand that I see from a decent player that bets into you that you beat is 67s, I also dont' think that is realtively likely due to his position. You also could be up against another A4s.
Turn:Again read dependant but if it is 67 you just got taken.Regardless if you are playing against monkeys then you bet this.
River: Value bet this all day.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 AM

Looks great to me. Scary but good. If MP had a 5 and did not raise he played it wrong or is trapping you (which happed to me 3 times yesterday grrrr)but no raise on the turn so I think your fine.

Now if a BIG card hit the turn I would back off a taD

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG
Old 06-21-2005, 07:33 AM

Hey speirs, ziet er goed uit hoor! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I take it you were planning on checking behind on the river UI, but of course you now bet your 4's over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I would have checked most likely
Old 06-21-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Fine, many under certain table conditions could see a preflop raise here. You can control of the hand (where you can take a free turn card if you want), and you win the button. You also can add some value do to the fact that you have a hand that plays well multiway with a few limpers in front of you. Just something to consider

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes as a matter of fact I was considering raising. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanx for the replies sofar. Maybe not as bad as I thought. Villain called down with 88. A horrible play IMO.

And thanx CEO! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 09:25 AM

This is fine. The 7 is a worse card than the big cards though, because as mentioned if he was betting a straight draw on the flop he just got there in some way that beats fives up.