Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 12:32 AM

Default 35k .5/1 hand checkup

First, anything jump out at you? I think I'm probably missing opportunities to check raise...need to work on that. Maybe raise a little more preflop? I think I've been steadily improving in that area. Second, jeez, I don't know if I should move up. I'm always bonuswhoring and make most of my money from the bonuses. I just don't know if 1/2 is worth the risk...I've gotten my ass handed to me every time I've tried.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: 35k .5/1 hand checkup

only thing that may be weird is that you win ~50% @ showdown but you fold to river bets like 50% of the time. seems like you fold too much but you still don't win very much at showdown.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:57 AM

What jumps out at me? You're not making enough money! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It's hard for me to relate to you Micro-Tighties but I'll mention a couple things.

I think you're folding too many draws on the flop. All Micro-Tighties seem to do this.

Your "check on the flop after a pre-flop raise" % is 5.80. Mine is almost 10%. Some flops it's not worth wasting money on if you're not gonna fold everyone out. Take more free cards when you need 'em.

Your check/raise on the flop % is much lower than mine. This is a great weapon to use from the blinds to either build pots or knock people out depending on what you need to do.

This leads me to....You're losing too much money from the blinds. Post your postion stats and lets see what's going on.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:53 AM

im just about in the same boat (2.5/100 @20k vs 2.0/100 @35k). i know i need to go to showdown less and thus win more at showdown (and save those BB from calling/betting flops/turns/rivers when i shouldnt be). but also, have you thought about moving up and giving 1/2 a try? 35k is a lOT of .50/1 hands. What about the last 10k, 20k, are the stats the same?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your "check on the flop after a pre-flop raise" % is 5.80. Mine is almost 10%. Some flops it's not worth wasting money on if you're not gonna fold everyone out. Take more free cards when you need 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's a significant difference. I've often wondered if I autobet too often after a preflop raise. I'm curious where other people are on this stat.

[ QUOTE ]
This leads me to....You're losing too much money from the blinds. Post your postion stats and lets see what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are some position stats. I'm definitely hemorrhaging from the blinds.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
only thing that may be weird is that you win ~50% @ showdown but you fold to river bets like 50% of the time. seems like you fold too much but you still don't win very much at showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think I should be folding to river bets?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think I should be folding to river bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is 43%. Don't know what optimal is.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's a significant difference. I've often wondered if I autobet too often after a preflop raise. I'm curious where other people are on this stat.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are some position stats. I'm definitely hemorrhaging from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's compare.

Your SB isn't too bad but there's room for improvement. Your BB is costing you some pretty serious change. Your Button is kind of disappointing. That may be a combination of bad cards and going too far/too hard with missed overcards.

In order to lose less money from the blinds I call MULTIWAY raises with medium suited connectors and one gaps. I also call the flop with them when I have the pot odds combined with implied odds to hit the draws. Don't forget about back door straight and flush draws when figuring drawing odds.

Learn to use the flop check/raise to your advantage--especially when pots have been raised pre-flop. You know where the flop bet will come from so plan your strategy whether to bet out or check/raise or check/call depending on the situation.

All in all I would try to loosen up a bit from the later positions and blinds. Learn how to play the marginal hands now while it's still cheap.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, anything jump out at you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You are still playing .5/1 after 35K hands of beating the game.

I think you are too tight at this level not playing enough drawing hands (my vpip was over 23%).

That said, your stats look really good for moving up. Instead of learning how to play "optimally" at .5/1, make the leap since your style will fit better at 1/2. Find a few more hands to raise (you will find more opportunities for position, isolation, and stealing raises at 1/2) and stay aggressive.

People who crush .5/1 find a big dropoff in win rate when they move to 1/2 but I dont think you will suffer from that playing the way you do. The thing that jumps out at me is that you are making half as much money as you could be. Not to mention the crypto bonuses (since you are a good little whore [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) that can only be cleared at 1/2 and up.

Keep trying to move up, you seem ready statwise so battle through those mental barriers.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Your numbers from the blinds are fine and are consistent with your overall winrate (which is lower than what I would expect from your other stats, which look basically okay).

grjr has a thing about inserting his own blind numbers into every thread. Just ignore it.