Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 08:09 PM

Default correct preflop call ?

Hero is one the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG raises folded to me should i lay this down? The game is 6/12. I called the flop came Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I called putting him on ak should i folded preflop or called and then folded my k10 on the flop not getting the right pot odds.This guy would bet any flop with ak and bluffed so i called down.Wrong play?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: correct preflop call ?

At which point in the hand did you put your opponent of AK?

-WT
Old 06-20-2005, 08:17 PM

I think this is an easy fold in a normal game. I also think "putting him on AK" might be an excuse you used to justify calling him. Nothing in the post indicates he should have AK and if you thought that then u of course shouldn't have called preflop.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:17 PM

Probably depends on the person. You do have position, but even if the person is loose, you still have to respect loose raises. He could have your K10 dominated which would be for you. If he is loose and will raise with A10 and stuff like that regardless of position that also deads your pair of 10s.

In my mind to call with K10s on the button with a raise infront of you, you are going to need a lot of callers to make it a profitable hand. With the raise you are probably behind and it is a speculative hand to a raise. You would probably be banking on the flop to hit you or at least get you four to a flush so that you can possibly take more cards to get your flush (you should have the odds to do so if you have a lot of people calling a raise). Even then cold-calling isn't such a great idea with this hand.

My advice overall with this hand is that it has a marginal edge in late position. If you get some limpers infront of you, limp in behind them. If you don't have any limpers and it is folded to you go ahead and make your raise here and follow up on the flop. If it is raised infront of you, probably should drop this unless you have about 5-6 callers. Your hand will be easily dominated in which case, but it becomes slightly profitable in which case.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:19 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

Easy, easy, easy, easy fold. Unless he's a maniac, in which case u need to 3-bet.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:20 PM

I see this as a clear fold. The threat of domination is overwhelming. Had there been 2 callers infront of me, then i would've looked at the flop.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:21 PM

Preflop is bad, but folding the flop would have been worse.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:36 PM

What would you done on the flop raise to gain information?And then if you dont improve on the turn fold ?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you done on the flop raise to gain information?And then if you dont improve on the turn fold ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely wouldn't have raised to gain information.

I most likely would have called his flop bet.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:39 PM

Probably would of just checked and dumped to a bet. There is no point in trying to gain information when the previous information from the preflop raise says your hand isn't good.

If you tried it you might get lucky and maybe have him fold a smaller pocket pair than the two big board cards. But more often than not in your small limit games your just gonna get called for one additional bet on the flop.