Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Spewing Chips ????

After my initial somewhat loose call I felt like I got trapped in this hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 24 BB
Old 06-20-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Spewing Chips ????

Far too passive a play, if you ask me. KJ plays better with fewer opponents, so I would have raised pre-flop in middle position. If MP3 re-raised, then whether to continue or not would be based on a read.

Flop is scary. With a straight and flush draw out there, you might be better off folding.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:11 PM

i fold this preflop in MP.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:34 PM

Assuming your table isn't overly aggressive, this PF flop is just fine. If you get a lot of limpers, you'll be looking to flop a big hand and get paid. This is only a fold if your table is getting raised PF a lot.

I can't find a fold for you later in the hand. When MP3 3-bets the flop I put him on a big pair, say, AA. If there were any time later in this hand where you didn't have the odds to draw against AA, it'd be a fold. But there aren't any spots.

And I'd make the river call just because. I'm not sure you're winning even 5% of the time, but I'll pay $4 just to ensure I don't have to deal with the anguish of folding the winning hand in a 24bb pot.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:37 PM

I like raising it pf. limping's okay if there've been lots of family pots. your flop raise is good. 3 bet slows you down.
you need to make a read and decide whether to fold the turn or raise for a free showdown.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:38 PM

Certainly, pf call is a little loose, but it's not atrocious.

Flop play is good, although you're giving everyone 9:1, it's still better than 17:1. Once MP3 3-bets you should pretty much stop any aggression, which you did, which is good.

Turn you're getting 18:1 immediate odds to draw to another J (a K gives a Q a straight and thus should be discounted heavily). You could still be ahead with TPGK, as well.

On the river, you're getting 23:1 to call. I can't fold here.

Nice hand, I say.