Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 02:39 AM

Default AQ i flop an ace, i push

i don't play any NL at all.

the 8/16 game was full. so i decided to sit in on the 2/3 NL game while waiting for my 8/16 game.

2nd hand, UTG i get AQ of clubs. i didn't how much to raise so i just throw out 2 $5 chips. get like 6 callers. flop comes something like A,3,6 with 2 diamonds. checked to me, i didn't know what to do so i just pushed. everyone folds.

how should i of played this?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: AQ i flop an ace, i push

The only 2/3nl game I've heard of is the 100nl game at Commerce. And you live in Cali, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this hand is from that particular Commerce no limit game.

So, the pot is ~60 or ~70 depending on how many callers there were, and you have ~90 left. I would probably push all-in here too. The players in this game (from what I have hard) are awful, so you are liable to get a call from a worse hand (ideally a worse ace, but a flush draw could call too). If you are beat, so be it.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:53 AM

My experience tells me what u loose with the most are TPTK and overpairs.

UTG and flops top pair and pushes... well... if someone did pick up their set or two paired their suited ace (ofc people do call raises with those) u just made it a easy call for them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I never push with TPTK, perhaps cause I'm chicken but I just dont find it worth doing in NL/Full/SS since the range of hands are so high.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2nd hand, UTG i get AQ of clubs. i didn't how much to raise so i just throw out 2 $5 chips. get like 6 callers. flop comes something like A,3,6 with 2 diamonds. checked to me, i didn't know what to do so i just pushed. everyone folds.

how should i of played this?

[/ QUOTE ]

To start with, I recommend putting some actual thought into your actions. That is, some thought beyond, "hey these two chips are shiny, I'll bet them" followed by "hey I have an ace and there's one on the board, I'll just bet everything, whheee".