Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Rules Question -- First hand - everyone all in, who finishes 2nd & 3rd

A ten player $100 SitNGo -- First is $500, Second is $300 and Third is $200. Everyone goes all in on the first hand. What happens to 2nd and 3rd prize money?

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Rules Question -- First hand - everyone all in, who finishes 2nd & 3rd

i would think u would split it. correct me if im wrong
Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Rules Question -- First hand - everyone all in, who finishes 2nd & 3rd

if all stack sizes were equal i'd think you'd split it. Kind of a stupid question though because you'd have to be the village idiot to be the last person to call...you'd be correct to fold AA 100 times out of 100 I think, as you'd be giving up a no-risk 300 win for a shot at winning 500 where you your chances are good, but not good enough to outweigh turning down the free money.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you'd be correct to fold AA 100 times out of 100 I think, as you'd be giving up a no-risk 300 win for a shot at winning 500 where you your chances are good, but not good enough to outweigh turning down the free money.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are absolutely incorrect in your analysis. You assume that there will be no splitting of the pot. Say you fold your AA, and the board shows trips with 2 high cards,straight, flush, boat, four of a kind etc etc.... either the people with the kickers all split it or in a unlikely scenario everyone splits it i.e. A - K - 10 - Q - J.... more than not u might get a few people splitting i.e. a four card straight... in that case if 3 people split, they will have 30% of the pot each and you will be short stacked by far. No way to toss the AA preflop unless you are on the bubble in a tournament (i.e. 20 places pay, 21 people left, AND you have a large stack so you are sure to cash AND the guy who goes all in has your stack covered).
Old 06-17-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if all stack sizes were equal i'd think you'd split it. Kind of a stupid question though because you'd have to be the village idiot to be the last person to call...you'd be correct to fold AA 100 times out of 100 I think, as you'd be giving up a no-risk 300 win for a shot at winning 500 where you your chances are good, but not good enough to outweigh turning down the free money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

- Jags
Old 06-17-2005, 01:45 PM

Uhoh...Hope this doesn't turn into another "Is it ever correct to fold AA post" [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 02:28 PM

In a B&M Tourament Myself and a nother were allin and a third person one. They awarded the other person the higher place because his hand was better than mine. I have had to split 3rd before in an online sNg
Old 06-17-2005, 04:46 PM

In a normal situation, I would say if two people are eliminated on the same hand and started with the same chip count, they would split the prize. However, since in this case there are 9 people splitting 2 prizes, I would give 2nd and 3rd to the people with the 2nd and 3rd best hands at the river.