Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Flop decision I found difficult

Ok, UTG on this hand is 33/23, SB is a fish with stats in the 50/2 range. I'm ahead of a whole lot of UTG's raising hands here, but out of position, I elect to just call and see what the flop brings. On the flop, I checked planning to put in a big checkraise....SB checkraising gave me pause and I was really confused as to what to do here. I'm worried about UTG here...i'm pretty confident that I have SB beat here as he'd pull this stunt with top pair, no kicker, or possibly even second pair if he thought that the flop had missed us both and that UTG was just making a continuation bet. I elected to just call this big bet, my thinking was that if UTG was beat he'd fold, and I was likely ahead....if UTG raised or called, i'm done with the hand unless I improve. Obviously the rest of the hand plays itself.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

SB ($108.1)
Hero ($80.15)
UTG ($91.55)
MP ($104.55)
Button ($125.8)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $4.50, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($15) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $18, UTG calls $12.

Turn: ($69) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero calls $57.15 (All-In), UTG calls $57.15, SB calls $57.15.

River: ($240.45) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB calls $27.95 (All-In), UTG calls $11.40 (All-In).

Final Pot: $279.80
Old 06-17-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Flop decision I found difficult

is this hand that uninteresting?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:01 PM

You suck out g00t.

Lead the flop.

The Doc
Old 06-17-2005, 05:02 PM

You are caught in the middle on the flop and should have led into the raiser. What makes you think the sb dosn't have you beat after just calling the 18 what do you do when utg reraises? You are out of position with a sb that likes his hand and a pfr that could pop it again. I fold to the flop cr and wait for a better spot.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:06 PM

look at Sb's stats.

Its much more likely to be top pair or middle pair or draw hoping for button fold missed overcards.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:27 PM

Regardless - this is terrible. You don't call her if you think you're good. I fold this hand every time. Any other overpair, and trips have you destroyed. You're cold calling a bet and a 3x raise - this is stupid play. You won the hand on the turn, but you got lucky.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:17 PM

I guarantee you Hero had best hand on every street.

at least according to :

"i'm pretty confident that I have SB beat here as he'd pull this stunt with top pair, no kicker, or possibly even second pair if he thought that the flop had missed us both and that UTG was just making a continuation bet."

I'm not saying this hand was played optimumly. I would ahve lead the flop but once it comes back to you with a raise from maniac SB, what you have to think of is not what SB has but whether UTG underbets with big overpair. If you think its possible UTG has big overpair here and is semidecent, you should raise on top of the SB's raise.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:48 PM

Great situation on the flop for you to push.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:58 PM

from what he said about the other players i think he could very well have the best hand all the way through the hand.

it looks like the SB doesnt think either of u hit the flop and raising UTG thinking u wont be in the hand possibly.

i would personally fold to the check raise on the flop i cant imagine u would be ahead here all that much of the time.

if not nice suck out i guess.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:33 PM

If SB is a donk, and UTG doesn't habitually underbet with good hands and is decent, a push is very good because it allows UTG to either fold his crap AK or even make a big lay down with JJ/QQ.