Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Some good laughs

http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews...r-FullTilt.php

There are a bunch of poker site reviews on this site. This page is of full tilt poker. Here are some excerpts of the level of insight you will encounter

"I have tried and tried but honestly the bad beats are just way too often and totally unbelievable!!!! I mean I have flopped ace high flush other guy goes all in he gets runner-runner deuces to make 4 of a kind deuces!! I see that all the time at my local poker room. LOL NOT!!!! I am not saying this cuz i lose i have actually won more than i lost. I am ahead. But, come on, u flop 2 pair in a heads up game and the other guy makes a str8 flush with only one of his hole cads. My favorite is what we call the full tilt special, 2 pocket pairs and one is always aces."

"People are rude, ignorant and do not understand game. Pot odds and draw odds are to loose. Four of a kind 2 hands in a row? I have seen it more than once. Great site if u like to play with your mom. Four cards to a flush on the board , u bet all in , they call with pocket deuces! Best advice i can give is dont play there, second best is if u play dont bother bluffing cuz it is useless. Bonus format is lame. "

Its pretty hilarious when fish think they are sharks. Is there a word for this?
Old 06-17-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Some good laughs

I read through some of the reviews on that site. Some of the posts are similar to site reviews found on 2+2. They discuss # players, tight/loose, software, support, etc.. But most of the "reviews" are just bad beat stories and rigged site crap.

One person even stated that after losing money in a Florida B&M for 3 months, he tried Poker Stars and lost money in the micros: so the site must be rigged. Dude! If you lose consistently at $1/$2 B&M, putting $ on PS is the WORST thing you can do!!!

Conclusion: that review site sucks.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:35 AM

A review about Empire poker:

"Found this site after leaving PkrRm.com, I have never looked back....Cards seem a little shady, though not on the level of PartyPoker and Pokerroom. Have convinced 3 PP players to switch over and all are happy they did...bonus, cards, play....It's definitely a more forgiving site...However, have made 2 withdrawls, and now all of a sudden the losses are beginning to pile up...still like the site though for now"

Lol
Old 06-17-2005, 12:44 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
great to know there are players write review like these. where else would the money come from?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:36 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

"Found this site after leaving PkrRm.com, I have never looked back....Cards seem a little shady, though not on the level of PartyPoker and Pokerroom. Have convinced 3 PP players to switch over and all are happy they did...bonus, cards, play....It's definitely a more forgiving site...However, have made 2 withdrawls, and now all of a sudden the losses are beginning to pile up...still like the site though for now"

Lol

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFGWTFROFL.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Found this site after leaving PkrRm.com, I have never looked back....Cards seem a little shady, though not on the level of PartyPoker

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually laughed...thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2005, 05:04 PM

I laughed too.

When I was on the PPM cruise I was simply AMAZED at the number of people discussing how 'not right' the deals were.
I mean...I know they're out there...but people were EVERYWHERE talking about it...saying they were going to stop playing there because after cashing-out they just stopped winning and they knew that Party rigged the deal AGAINST them to get them to re-deposit again...etc etc.

One of these guys is a guy who I ate dinner with (you were seated with random people) whom I had played a few hours with earlier during the tourney.
he was NOT a very good player but certainly thought he was.
He was WAY over the top as to why the cards 'just aren't right' at party and 'he can tell'.
the other guy at the table was COMPLETELY agreeing with him and had his own stories of some big-stack going all-in with 72o against the only other big-stack and busting an AA (or something).

At breakfast (when we sat on our own) the ONLY conversations that were loud enough to over-hear were 'but party HAS to do these ACTION flops in order to make a profit...they have to keep the bad players around and generate more rake so they rig the deal and you can tell this is what they do...' etc etc.

It made me realize why their customer-support has ALL of those pre-made 'we assure you the RNG works fine and the deal is legitimate' responses. Because these idiots are complainging ALL the time about how they got sucked-out on with their AA.

reading the reviews on this site is one thing.
Actually over-hearing or getting stuck in conversations with these morons is a completely different level altogether.
Truly bizarre.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cards seem a little shady, though not on the level of PartyPoker

[/ QUOTE ]

It is our sollemn duty to log onto this site, at least once per week, and flame the living crap out of these morons. These are not guys we're ever goiung to run into at our favorite card rooms. These are demented drool bibs, staggering through life while being overwhelmed by its mysteries. The fact that water boils is proof to these people that there are aliens all around us.

Let's do the right thing. Stop talking to each other about the obvious mental conditions plaguing these sites. Let's log on drunk and write love letters.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cards seem a little shady, though not on the level of PartyPoker

[/ QUOTE ]

It is our sollemn duty to log onto this site, at least once per week, and flame the living crap out of these morons. These are not guys we're ever goiung to run into at our favorite card rooms. These are demented drool bibs, staggering through life while being overwhelmed by its mysteries. The fact that water boils is proof to these people that there are aliens all around us.

Let's do the right thing. Stop talking to each other about the obvious mental conditions plaguing these sites. Let's log on drunk and write love letters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in sympathy with the impulse, but madness lies this way. Just stay away.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:25 AM

That made my day too!