Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Why does this game have to split!?

Apologies first of all for the crappy hand history! Also, the fact that this hand has no instructional value whatsoever, unless someone has suggestions...I thought the flop couldn't get any better, and then the turn came....

Seat 1: zephyrinus ($23.05 in chips)
Seat 2: flux32 ($24 in chips)
Seat 3: patchespal ($22 in chips)
Seat 5: ic2nutz ($98.50 in chips)
Seat 6: SnappYouOff ($24.75 in chips)
Seat 7: TonyRotella [AD,9S,AS,6S] ($32.45 in chips)
Seat 8: Mister Bee ($17.85 in chips)
Seat 9: _lucky_pluck ($9.35 in chips)
Seat 10: Wid1965 ($6.60 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Wid1965 posts blind ($0.25), zephyrinus posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
flux32 calls $0.50, patchespal folds, ic2nutz folds, SnappYouOff folds, TonyRotella bets $1, Mister Bee folds, _lucky_pluck folds, Wid1965 folds, zephyrinus calls $0.50, flux32 calls $0.50.

FLOP [board cards 5S,7S,AH ]
zephyrinus checks, flux32 checks, TonyRotella bets $0.50, zephyrinus calls $0.50, flux32 calls $0.50.

TURN [board cards 5S,7S,AH,8S ]
zephyrinus checks, flux32 checks, TonyRotella bets $1, zephyrinus calls $1, flux32 calls $1.

RIVER [board cards 5S,7S,AH,8S,5C ]
zephyrinus checks, flux32 checks, TonyRotella bets $1, zephyrinus calls $1, flux32 calls $1.

SHOWDOWN
TonyRotella shows [ AD,9S,AS,6S ]
zephyrinus shows [ JC,4H,3S,3H ]
flux32 shows [ 9H,AC,4D,3C ]
zephyrinus wins low $2.55, flux32 wins low $2.55, TonyRotella wins high $5.15.
SUMMARY
Dealer: _lucky_pluck
Pot: $10.75, (including rake: $0.50)
zephyrinus, bets $3.50, collects $2.55, net -$0.95
flux32, bets $3.50, collects $2.55, net -$0.95
patchespal, loses $0
ic2nutz, loses $0
SnappYouOff, loses $0
TonyRotella, bets $3.50, collects $5.15, net $1.65
Mister Bee, loses $0
_lucky_pluck, loses $0
Wid1965, loses $0.25
Old 06-17-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Why does this game have to split!?

I assume you are flux.

Tony has a set of aces.

Both you and zep have an A 3458 low.Your ace is counterfited by the ace on the board.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:59 AM

I'm guessing he is Tony and Tony has a straight flush to go along with his set of aces!
Old 06-17-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing he is Tony and Tony has a straight flush to go along with his set of aces!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, note that I could only be TonyRotella, because that is the only hand that you know before the flop, as given in the history, not to mention you could check my profile for my name! That was just the best flop/turn I have ever had, so I had to post! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 01:42 PM

You missed the mark with this post just about as hard as you possibly could. Harder than Michael Bay did, when he made Pearl Harbor.

Anyway, you made me laugh out loud, so good job.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You missed the mark with this post just about as hard as you possibly could. Harder than Michael Bay did, when he made Pearl Harbor.

Anyway, you made me laugh out loud, so good job.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-17-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was just the best flop/turn I have ever had, so I had to post! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're serious about this, you have a serious fundamental misunderstanding of the game. That flop sucks for you. Not only is half the pot never going to come your way with that flop, but you have a high that is virtually impossible to get away from (at least until the river) but that will often be caught from behind by a straight.

I'm in a smartass mood, so I feel compelled to tell you that the original post is fairly awful (1 star). Nothing about the hand is interesting: so what, you hit a str flush. Change the suit on that 8 and often times you're getting scooped. The only good thing to come out of this post was the ridiculously idiotic response from Drunk Bob, which I have already made fun of.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:29 PM

Let me rephrase it, it was the best high flop (for me) that I have ever had. I knew I was gonna split, hence the title of the post tiger. Note that even if you change that 8 to a non spade, the only hand I lose to is quads. I have the Nut high currently, with the nut spade draw and a straight flush draw. How is this a sucky flop? I will probably take the high side the majority of the time. The only thing to worry about is two runners to make a straight that I can't make, that don't include a spade....uh...ok....
Old 06-17-2005, 02:37 PM

This is my last post in response to your nonsense, after that, let this crap sink to the bottom where it belongs. You said best "hi" flop. however, this is not a great high flop. Good, yes. Great, hell no. Any non-spade 3,4,6,or 9 potentially torpedos your high. You are right that any 8 still gives you the nuts (my oversight, blinded by the pointlessness of the original post). However, any hand that leaves 12 outs to getting screwed is NOT great. A great flop for this hand is Axx where the x's are same rank. You only see this as a great flop because your one-outer to an unbeatable hand fell on the turn, and you needlessly filled up on the river. Don't be swayed by the results of a hand, it's a common mistake in omaha8. Also, what the hell is the point of noting that this is a great high flop when there's three to a low on the board? The way I see it:

1) You're wrong. It's not a "great" flop for high--and certainly can't be the best you've ever had, unless you've played about 100 hands in your lifetime.

2) This post is utterly pointless, even if you had been right.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:39 PM

You are pretty much an [censored]. That is really all that needs to be said. I especially like when you made a mistake, you find some ridiculous excuse to blame it on me again. Kudos....I realize now why the stud forum is held in high regard - no douchebags to flame you.