Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Are these standard?

Hand 1. When villain checks the turn, it looks like he was on a draw. Buh?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Hand 2: Villain is loose/passive

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB

Hand 3: Um?

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

Hand 4: This turn is horrible. Good fold, despite my OESD?

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Hand 5: Some comedy. A genius river bet by me.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 06-15-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Are these standard?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So why bet the river? To ensure the opponent folds his missed draw or calls/raises with his trickily played better hand or occasionally bluff raises you? The river play is check-call.

Hand 2: I don't know, the flop is just SO low that it both means that players bet into you on boards like this because you can't have hit them and that it's harder for them to 3-bet their pair of 4s or whatever. So I'd raise flop and take it from there.

Hand 3: Weird, but I'd play it the same.

Hand 4: Gah. Horrible. It's a bad turn but don't fold. Yeah it's an overcard and a flush card and if he was slowplaying KJ or has a flush you're drawing dead. But usually you're drawing live, call the turn. Also, sometimes the river goes check-check and he shows a high spade and a random card or Qx. I'd definitely call the turn and consider calling the river.

Hand 5: Wow I'm really surprised that worked, I'd never have done it, I'd like to see what others have to say about it. Nice one.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:36 PM

are you referring to the draw that was completed by the turn card. i c-c river and raise preflop.

I fold the flop a lot. it depends on the dynamic, but folding the flop isn't bad (although some guys will check the turn a small pair- call v them)

Hand 3: Um?

I do this all the time but feel so unsatisfied...until the spot comes up again and i get check-raised on the turn. READS ARE GOOT!

Hand 4: This turn is horrible. Good fold, despite my OESD?

the turn bet isn't so hot i think, but the lack of a preflop raise irks me. sans read I proabably call the turn (?), but I check with outs anyway.

Hand 5: Some comedy. A genius river bet by me.

hmm, i suppose the turn is close. is there a read you are not sharing?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed this. Ignore my comments for this hand.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:45 PM

Hand #1: Any reason you don't raise pf? Otherwise, I think it is pretty standard, although check-raising the flop with second pair and betting out on the turn may have been more effective. Good river fold. I think he smelled checkraise on that turn when the 6 hit.

Hand #2: Raising the flop might be more effective there - may get you to the river for free.

Hand #3: Gahhh. I don't know. Was he setting you up for a checkraise on the turn? Tough hand.

Hand #4: Probably some fancy odds calculation will give you your answer here.

Hand #5: Awesome.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:55 PM

Hand 1: Raise preflop! If your read is that villian was on a draw, then the river bet is pretty bad. If you're right, he'll fold to your bet after missing but a check may induce a bluff.

Hand 2: Hmm. I can lay this down against a loose passive I think, but I try not to made a habit of giving up so easy after a PFR. If I don't fold, I raise.

Hand 3: Tough spot. I think I play it the same way, though his turn donk check vexes me.

Hand 4: From the button against one open limper I preflop raise QT every time. I also call the turn.

Hand 5: Glad the river bet worked out for you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 05:01 PM

Hand 1:
I feel like there's no worse hand that's going to call your bet, and you won't get a better hand to fold when you bet the river. The turn check makes me think he has a ten and just wants to pay one bet to see your supposed 9, thinking that you whiffed on a turn checkraise. Good fold on river, bad bet.

Hand 2:
You should fold on the flop unless you plan on semibluffing a queen or jack or something. You have 6 pair outs, so you're getting 5:1 when you're about 6:1 yields a fold, especially if a passive opponent bets into you.

Hand 3:
absent a read, I'm not raising anyone (even if they limp) UTG with ATo. Strange hand, though...

Hand 4:
Definitely a fold on the checkraise. Maybe check the turn and call a river bet.

Hand 5:
Strange again...I wouldn't have bet the river, cuz you have to call a raise, and the best you can hope for is a chop. Nice read.
I th
Old 06-15-2005, 05:24 PM

Hand 1: Raise PF, Check call river.

Hand 2: Raise or fold flop, leaning to fold. If BB is passive, I usually raise for a free river.

Hand 3: Read dependent since the UTG is playing like a donk. I can call here.

Hand 4: Fine.

Hand 5: Fine.