Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Wild Game Question? (long)

Let's say you have a wild game, where betting is capped on every round including pre-flop (I know a few live games that are very close to this senario), and the table is generally loose and two to four players are very aggressive. Usually five to six players see the river card every hand. I know from Sklansky that suited cards go way up in value, and dominated offsuit hands become junk that you don't want to take off even one card with. I have a couple of questions here: What is the worst hand (worst PP, worst offsuit hand, and worst suited hand) you would see the flop with if you knew you had to pay a cap multiway? And what's the worst hand you continue to the river? If you have a small PP, would you chase a two outer to the river with 5 or 6 capping each round? I'm thinking starting hands here are any PP, any suited ace, AK offsuit, after that I'm not sure about Kx suited, and other suited broadways. This seems like big bet poker where you pay one big bet each round equal to 5x the small bet. The live games I speak of, the betting does not double on the turn and river because of state law limiting the bet size. I played in this type of game once for ten hours, and there were many huge pots over 100 bets. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.