Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Combo draw #1

Haven't posted in a while but I have a few draw hands lately that might be at least a tiny bit interesting... I am posting from work so no hand history, but I should have details ok.

3 limpers to me, I complete is SB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

We see the pot 5 handed in an unraised pot.

Flop- J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead out for $4, UTG raises to $12. All fold to button who calls the $12 cold. I push.

Stack sizes- Me- $100, UTG- $28, Button- $74. My only read is that button seems a little loose but not bad.

Comments?

Edit: NL 100, .50/1 blinds
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Combo draw #1

i like it
Old 06-15-2005, 10:22 AM

nothing to complain about, looks about as right as it can be
Old 06-15-2005, 10:28 AM

I don't like it. If button isn't bad, his cold call of a good-sized bet and significant raise should send off all kinds of warning bells in your head (probably a small set). Your flush outs might not even be clean if one of your opponents is on a bigger draw (your straight is in trouble, too, if someone has exactly KhQh).

I like flat calling the $8 more and checking to UTG on any turn. If the turn bricks and UTG pushes, you'll get to see how button reacts before deciding what you want to do. If the turn makes your hand, you can trap some extra money from button by checkraising UTG.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. If button isn't bad, his cold call of a good-sized bet and significant raise should send off all kinds of warning bells in your head (probably a small set). Your flush outs might not even be clean if one of your opponents is on a bigger draw (your straight is in trouble, too, if someone has exactly KhQh).

I like flat calling the $8 more and checking to UTG on any turn. If the turn bricks and UTG pushes, you'll get to see how button reacts before deciding what you want to do. If the turn makes your hand, you can trap some extra money from button by checkraising UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:34 AM

My plan on the hand was to push so that Button would fold all draws, one pair hands, and I would be heads up with the short stack with a TON of dead money in the pot. My thoughts were that button would reraise with a set to try to keep out the flush draws, so I didn't think he had a set when I pushed. I know that I rarely cold-call with a set when a flush draw is out there.

I'll post results in a little bit....
Old 06-15-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Results...

Both UTG and Button call.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] giving me runner runner 2 pair. Unfortunately Button had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and this gave him the runner runner straight. UTG had AJ (not a big surprise there).

Any other thoughts?

Sly
Old 06-15-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Results...

I think that a loose button here often has the flush draw, so basically the move is only really good if he is smart enough to lay down Axs to a push. We can see from the results that this wasn't the case and he made a pretty bad call and looks like a gambooolor. I haven't played much at the full ring 100 tables, do you think that most players would fold Axh here?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:27 PM

you don't put the button on a draw?

Theres no way of knowing your hand is good OOP on the turn or river if it gets there, esp. against a hand like QKh - so the push is the only way (in my mind) to play this hand multiway.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:16 PM

Yes I do put button on a draw. Either that or a TPGK hand. I was pretty sure he didnt have a set, because I think he would have reraised... The push was supposed to get rid of other draws, but it didnt work.

Sly