Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 07:15 AM

Default GamesGrid 1000% bonus

Hi

I have just seen that gamesgrid.com has a 1000% deposit bonus up to 5000 $. It sounds too good to be true. Have you played at gamesgrid or heard anything good or bad about them?

Regards

sunek
Old 06-15-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: GamesGrid 1000% bonus

The bonus is valid and Gamesgrid is a reliable site (they are one of the biggest online backgammon sites), but the bonus clears very slowly.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:14 AM

I did play for their for a while, so here's my $0.02.

GG should be a reliable site, it's owned by a major backgammon site. Financially, they should be secure.

They do not have much traffic yet. The games are very tight, with average pot sizes of 3-4 big bets. The games are beatable, but you'll need to attempt blind steals more frequently, defend your blinds more and generally be very aggressive. Most pots are shorthanded, there are usually 2-3 taking a flop. A significant number of pots do not see a flop, though, compared to other sites.

Software is a bit on the slow side. They do not have waiting lists for their tables( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

The bonus clears very slowly. My experience there has shown me that at 1/2 LHE, it clears at a rate of about $1 per table hour. At 2/4, it clears at about $3 per table hour. I did not play limits higher than those.

They have a VFP program, which pays 1.5x the big blind per table hour up to a max of $12 per table hour. It's basically a propping deal. You would definitely want to sign up for it if you play there.

The bonus by itself is not worth it. Combined with the VFP program, it's still probably not worth it for limits under 2/4. You can find better deals at other sites for limits under 2/4. At 2/4 and above, it's probably worth it compared to other sites when looking at an hourly rate per table.

Bottom line is that it's not worth strictly for the 1000% bonus. I stopped playing there because of the lack of traffic and the uber-tight games. You can find more profitable games elsewhere.

Old 06-15-2005, 09:27 AM

It's worth it if you like Dealer's choice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]