Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Hand history and table selection questions....

When selecting a table, do you look for big stacks to play against or do you avoid them or does it even matter? If you do sit at a table with a big stack or two, do you look through the hand history and see how they won it? i.e. what hands they showed down and where they were at in the hand when the money went in?
Old 06-14-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Hand history and table selection questions....

I can't care less about big stacks. I usually like sitting with them because they seem to like to make speculative (incorrect) calls. Sometimes they are also maniacs (whom I love playing against). When I'm being disciplined, I open four (or eight if I'm being really good) tables and then read 2p2 for a while. Then I check in at all my tables and see the table with the worst (best) stats and sit in on that one. Regardless of stack sizes. I'm usually looking for looseness preflop first and foremost. I don't like sitting on the right of a maniac, but if I'm sitting on his left I don't care. And if there are no aggressives preflop, that's always cool, too. I don't both checking hand histories. I assume from his stats I can get a first guess at how he plays and then my reads will solidify as I sit at the table.