Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 01:21 AM

Default How\'s this turn bet?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

I had just joined this table so I didn't have any reads. I weighed my options and decided to bet on this turn. What's the consensus?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: How\'s this turn bet?

Turn bets fine since you picked up the Flush draw. If you didnt pick up the draw i would be checking behind.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:29 AM

If you were the only PF raiser then I would say go ahead and bet as you proably have alot of outs, and against 1 pair may have plenty of equity.

However, since the guy bet into the capper on the flop this really looks like a checkraise, and why pay more bets than you have to with A-high? You could be really far behind, and may have as few as 6 outs which would make this bet really really bad. If you raise for the free card, take it!
Old 06-14-2005, 01:32 AM

To everybody,

How often do you estimate the flop gets 3-bet?

GoT
Old 06-14-2005, 01:39 AM

If you give the 3-bettor a range of hands from A-Qs to A-Ks, A-Ko, and any pair better than 9, I think that the flop gets 3 bet with any of those overpairs, with 99, KK, AA waiting til the turn to checkraise most of the time.

So, Hero gets 3-bet with 10-10,JJ,QQ maybe sometimes AKs but that's probably unlikely OOP. This is an ok raise in my opinion as long as the hero has NO INTENTION of betting the turn and taking his free card.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To everybody,

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going guess about 1/2 the time.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:00 AM

Here's what I was thinking. I have 9 clean outs to the nuts. On top of that, I have 6 cards that'll give me top pair, but lets call that 3 outs because of the posibility of still being beat if I improve on the river, if I'm reverse dominated, etc. That's 12 outs, plus there's a very slight chance that I might fold a pair lower than Q on this turn. If I get called and see an unimproved river card it's likely to get checked to me, so I pay the same amount as if I had checked the turn and called a river bet.

On the other hand I risk getting checkraised (which would actually be good if I improve to the nuts on the river - but I can't see into the future to make that statement).
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 AM

NM I change my answer to at least half since MP2 raised PF.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To everybody,

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going guess about 1/2 the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see calling the flop as a better option here, considering he doesn't seem to mind the fact that I capped preflop.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 AM

There are very few hands you're ahead of and I don't think he's folding often enough to make the bet good.

Sure, sometimes you'll get bailed out on the end, but that's not reason enough to bet.

I just don't think he folds JJ or TT often enough, and he's certainly not folding anything better than either of those two hands.