Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 04:15 PM

Default blind \"war\" w/ angelina

folded to angelina in the sb (she is an excellent very winning player)

i have 7c6c in the bb and raise.

flop is QT5 she checks. plan for hand? give up easy here?

i bet she called.

turn is a 2 or some blank and she bets and i fold.

me default here is to simply check and bet if she checks and fold if she bets the flop...but i thought checking my big blind after she calls would give her too much info if i folded to her flop bet (which i very likely would given that the hands i dont raise with arn't very good)

thoughts on this situation or the scenario in general (very good player in sb, you're in bb)

-Barron
Old 06-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: blind \"war\" w/ angelina

76s seems good enough to charge her to see the flop.

Against anyone that plays badly postflop, (ie, completes, then check-folds a flop they missed), checking is far superior. But Angelina is not completing just hoping to catch a piece of the flop. Also, considering you're going to be playing against her often in this game, leaning on her in these spots is good for future blind v. blind hands.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
76s seems good enough to charge her to see the flop.

Against anyone that plays badly postflop, (ie, completes, then check-folds a flop they missed), checking is far superior. But Angelina is not completing just hoping to catch a piece of the flop. Also, considering you're going to be playing against her often in this game, leaning on her in these spots is good for future blind v. blind hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

note: schnieds does this a lot to (completing the sb vs. great players). i've started doing it as well b/c there is a lot more to the hand than immediately taking the lead or folding. it allows you to do lots of things that throw an opponant off and cause pretty large errors post flop.

-Barron

EDIT: PS- if enon doesn't post the trip report in this century i'll send you your email [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2005, 05:55 PM

I wouldn't have raised preflop. Head-up against a tough player, I want to put more money in pre-flop when my hand has high card/showdown value. I wouldn't worry about giving her too much information if I didn't raise and then folded on the flop. I had bad, low cards, so what?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have raised preflop. Head-up against a tough player, I want to put more money in pre-flop when my hand has high card/showdown value. I wouldn't worry about giving her too much information if I didn't raise and then folded on the flop. I had bad, low cards, so what?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know...and you're probably right that its standard to check and fold uniproved. but i think vs. good players who complete and expect a cheap flop its necessary to charge them even w/ hands that you wouldn't want to run hot and cold vs. hands that can complete and call a raise.

-Barron
Old 06-13-2005, 07:20 PM

If Joe Schmo bets this turn, it's a donkbet that you might raise. If it's a good player like Angelina, you fold.

But I have no idea why I make that observation because when all is said and done, I probably play the hand the exact same way.

BTW, where is this: 40-80 at Paradise? If so, how are those games?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:56 PM

thanks for the input SKP,

but please to note, you should rid your vocabulary of "donkbet" lest you shall be proven a victim of the rath of El Diablo.

also, feel free to im me via msn when you're on, or aim, u have both of those i think.

-Barron
Old 06-13-2005, 08:08 PM

I'd prefer to keep the pot small with that kind of hand.

Postflop depends on the opponents style if you think they will fold to a flop bet then bet if you dont then take the freecard.

I dont want to be putting much money in against good players.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:27 PM

I prefer the check on the flop. Your not often going to have the best hand if you miss the flop, so in order to win it you have to make a play. A smaller pot makes it easier for Angela to give it up. Oddly in this scenario, your raising increases the chances of you having to showdown (the opposite of its normal effect) because the raise certainly is not going to be repected as meaning anything.

In this hand I would fold and be annoyed.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a donkbet that you might raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 7-high, isn't this a fold against anybody?