Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Misplayed

2-5. Late position with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Decent EP raises to $15 ($1500). Tight MP calls ($1000). I call. All else fold.

Flop - K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

EP bets $50. MP calls. I call. (Raise?)

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP bets $125. MP calls. I call.

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EP bets $250. MP raises to $500. I fold.

I tend to both overvalue and misplay these types of hands. Thoughts?
Old 06-12-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Misplayed

pf- easy fold.
flop- 250 to go.
turn- easy fold.
river- easy fold.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:59 PM

I should have added to my original post that Q 10 is in no way an easy fold in the game I play, especially in late position. These are not the kind of players who autobet after a raise, or are generally crafty enough to slowplay. They are straightforward. There are enough occasions where I'll play a hand like this late to a small raise, and the action on the flop will go check, check, I pot, all fold for me to show a profit on those hands alone. These players also do not get away from hands easily. Playing this hand late in this particular game is without question a profitable hand. I'm more interested in the post-flop analysis.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 PM

move down
Old 06-12-2005, 11:06 PM

Move down? I've been killing this game for 2 years. Am I missing something here? Care to elaborate? Understand that in a game with better players, this is no doubt an obvious fold. However, the average player in this game is so bad. I constantly see early position raises like this with hands like J10, 67, etc. Doesn't anyone understand what I am talking about? Am I totally off base here? Have I just been running lucky for the past 2 years?
Old 06-12-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should have added to my original post that Q 10 is in no way an easy fold in the game I play, especially in late position. These are not the kind of players who autobet after a raise, or are generally crafty enough to slowplay. They are straightforward. There are enough occasions where I'll play a hand like this late to a small raise, and the action on the flop will go check, check, I pot, all fold for me to show a profit on those hands alone. These players also do not get away from hands easily. Playing this hand late in this particular game is without question a profitable hand. I'm more interested in the post-flop analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]
PF- EASY FOLD.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:07 PM

raise flop, agression wins pots. on the bad turn i'd give it up there.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:08 PM

will you call in this spot w/ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 06-12-2005, 11:14 PM

Honestly, depending on who raised, whether I know the player, and if there are any callers in between, I might. Say the player I'm talking about in the OP has AK. Flop comes Q 4 5. He is gonna check, I'm gonna bet, and he is gonna fold. This happens in this game ALL THE TIME. In late postion in this particular game, your cards almost don't even matter.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:35 AM

I don't even limp in LP with QTo, let alone cold-call...however I might open raise with it.

Flop, if the players are really bad, I assume a K or a Q won't fold to a pot raise on the flop, so calling is okay;

Turn this is probably a fold. You might be drawing relatively dead or for a split at best. (You also might end up paying off with a 2nd nut flush draw that hits). you are getting a pretty good price on your money though, so I might call, b/c it's hard to fold a royal draw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

River should be a pretty easy fold, barring no read.