Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 12:58 AM

Default I thought I was slowplaying, now everybody\'s raising me...

This is the 25+2 5k empire tournament.

This is just after the 1 hour break, about 120 players left, they pay top 30. I just joined this new table, no read on anybody. I've been card dead so far, won only two small pots, the average stack is almost 2000.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

Button (t3638)
SB (t1066)
Hero (t880)
UTG (t715)
UTG+1 (t455)
MP1 (t2205)
MP2 (t4272)
MP3 (t976)
CO (t1840)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t170) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

The two diamond are a little scary, but, I don't see anybody calling on such a bad flop if I come out betting, so I check, hoping to check-raise

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t170) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

I guess that didn't work, now there's 3 diamond [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Let's see where I stand...

SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t200</font>, MP2 calls t200, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t400</font>, Hero...

Easy fold?

One of them must have a flush, or maybe the case 4, but my kicker is pretty good. If I fold, I'm not crippled. If I just call hoping to make a full-house, if the board double pairs, I'm in bad shape against any 7 or J. But I'm getting blinded off, is this worth a gamble?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: I thought I was slowplaying, now everybody\'s raising me...

i could see calling this IF you were closing the action. Easy fold unless you are willing to call off your stack to shoot for 10 outs.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:08 AM

how do you see 10 outs, I see only 4 good outs, the case 4 and the 3 kings. With 3 other people in the hand, I assume at least one jack is out there, which would give them a bigger full house if a second jack falls on the river. Then maybe the 7s, but I discount them, since they can also give somebody a better full house.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 AM

Why slowplay a draw-heavy board in the first place?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:11 AM

You must bet the flop. With the flush draw + straight draws, this is a no brainer.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why slowplay a draw-heavy board in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

because I'm stupid, I just can't learn to stop slowplaying, I in troubles so many times because of it, but yet, I just continue doing it. I think this is still one of my major leaks, in both limit and NL...
Old 06-12-2005, 01:21 AM

Obviously its not an "easy fold", otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Its just a fold, since a flush is really likely.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously its not an "easy fold", otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Its just a fold, since a flush is really likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's an easy fold.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:27 AM

you could have 10 outs ... K/4/J/7
you probably have 7 clean outs 4/7/K

but i don't get this, you say you bet to see where you're at and 2 people are saying they have you beat, yet you are questioning whether to muck or not.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you could have 10 outs ... K/4/J/7
you probably have 7 clean outs 4/7/K

but i don't get this, you say you bet to see where you're at and 2 people are saying they have you beat, yet you are questioning whether to muck or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

as I said, I'm stupid when faced with those situations, I'm hoping two of them have a jack and the other one has the ace of diamond for the flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So of course, I go all-in, the first raiser and the caller fold... the other one calls and shows 74 of spades [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] To add insult to injury, he catches another 7 on the river...

Then I go and convert the hand, post it and as I type my thought process, I realize how much of an easy fold it was, but since I'm stupid, instead of cancelling my post, I continue and wait for people to confirm how stupid I was...

In another tournament, I just busted out by going all-in on a flush draw, caught my flush, but the other guy had a bigger one...

Sorry for wasting people's time with posts like that... I should just make a rule to wait at least a day after a hand before I post it...