Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 07:33 PM

Default How should I play this on the turn and river

Villain is loose aggressive (in 32 hands vpip=37.5, pfr=6.3, pf agg=2.7).

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls.

Looking back, I guess I don't my hand is not strong enough to three bet, but sb may be taking a shot at me and I might fold villain. (sb vpip = 21 and pfr = 6.1 in 30 hands), Anyway even if i was wrong to raise, and with sb's cap I'm pretty sure that I am, I'n not folding for one bet here.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villain calls, SB folds.

The flop is good to me and is worth a raise.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Hero calls.

Should I be reraising or am I right to call?

River: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

What about the river? I have top pair, but he has shown strength on the flop. Is it weak tight to be checking here?

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 06-11-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: How should I play this on the turn and river

W.T.F.

Anyway,

pf I fold. Definetly not 3-bet though.

Here's my plan postflop:

Call/Call/Call.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: How should I play this on the turn and river

I would just call this preflop (and even that is questionable). I would check/call the turn. If the villain is willing to call a 3-bet preflop and also cold call a raise on the flop, I would imagine he has aces. Checking might give him a free card for a flush draw, but I would be more concerned about being dominated at this point. I would call the river.