Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 05:58 PM

Default More on backing: restoring balance to the universe

I was going to wait until I had more time to compose a thoughtful post, but with GauchoFish/Degen coming to Vegas soon for some WSOP events, I felt it necessary to give a shout ASAP.

As most on this forum can remember all too clearly, there was a little controversy regarding a backing arrangement between myself and the artist formerly known as GauchoFish a few months back. The fact that the disagreement was publicized on this forum received much criticism... but I actually feel it was a good thing because there are so many young and new players reading this forum.

The details are no longer important, but GF received a flood of criticism and personal attacks. He managed to maintain his composure and even continued posting on this forum for the same reason we all do: to try and get better at this game.

Gaucho and I remained in contact throughout this time and our discussions were, for the most part, relatively civil. In the end, he made the decision to refund the backing money and did so in a courteous and respectful manner. The way he handled the whole situation and the class he demonstrated at the conclusion of the matter convinced me that my initial read on him (before the deal) was dead-on. He is a good man with a sound sense of integrity.

I sincerely apologize for changing my mind about him and for anything I may have said in public or private that would undermine his character. I should have been more sensitive to how difficult it must have been to have the whole STT Forum jump all over him.

The fact that this episode concluded amicably restored my faith in the concept of developing friendships and partnerships through this forum. GauchoFish/Degen deserves to have this albatross removed from his neck so that he may participate in this forum without the burden of continued snideness from the regular posters. He also deserves a sincere and humble "thank you" from me.

I look forward to having a beer with GF at the series. Maybe I'll even back him in an event. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes."
-Bill S. Preston, esq. and Ted Theodore Logan

Irieguy
Old 06-11-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: More on backing: restoring balance to the universe

Glad to hear you were repaid, now if he would just stop posting 5 times in a row in every thread...

nice Bill and Ted's excellent adventure reference, it was a stronger acting performance then the matrix imo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 06-11-2005, 06:06 PM

This is good to hear. I kind of felt like he got unfairly jumped on my everyone here during the incident with you, mostly because Irie is a good guy/ great poster and gaucho was a guy who was accused of being sketchy. A lot of people were quick to judge without knowing the specifics or contract you agreed.

It's cool that hes paying you back, and its cool that you (irie) are giving him the props he deserves when he decided to do the right thing.

Alright STT crew, lets hug it out!
Old 06-11-2005, 06:11 PM

Wow, I didn't expect that post at all.

Glad to hear it worked out and my ignore list is back to 0.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:21 PM

Your post says as much about you as it does about him. I'm glad it worked out for everyone (the millions of us) involved. Props to both of you!!!!!

--------------Jeff
Old 06-11-2005, 06:38 PM

This post makes me happy.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 06-11-2005, 06:49 PM

Must find someone new to call "douchebag."
Old 06-11-2005, 08:26 PM

Grats to Both [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...Holla...Bawah...Ehot...Pwn'd...etc.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:28 PM

I have been impressed at how well Degen has represented himself since he decided to stay Degen after being outed by Suited.

Glad you guys worked it out.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:08 PM

here here