Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 01:56 PM

Default same player playing from 2 dif IP addresses concurrently

I saw something VERY suspicious online today; two players with virtually identical names (just an underscore in one of them, and the other one without the underscore) and from the same town sat down at my table in quick succession, and one of them quickly got up and left. B/c of the similarity in names and cities, it was obvious they were the same person.

Fine, so perhaps he's just got accounts at different skins, like we all do...but I was under the impression that regardless, the same player wasn't allowed to sit at a table with "himself" b/c the software "catches" that the two accounts are playing from the same IP address...but if this guy was able to sit at the same table with 2 of his aliases, perhaps he's got 2 internet connections...one DSL and one Cable, or some other method of getting 2 unique IP addresses.

Now in this particular instance, I wasn't too worried, because since his two aliases were essentially identical, there's no way he'd ever be stupid enough to actually play at the same table with them (probably just an oversight that he actually sat down at my table with each)...but is this something that many players out there abuse??
It would seem an easy check for Party 'security' (and i use that word loosely) to simply check to see whether two aliases were frequently seated with one another...but given their incompetence in nearly every other domain, I wonder if they're even checking diligently for this.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: same player playing from 2 dif IP addresses concurrently

Thank you for contacting Party Poker support. We would like to reassure you that all our games use state of the art random number generators.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Thank you, come again.

Ganeesh.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:37 PM

I 8-table the skins, so it does happen that I try to sit down at a table where I am already sitting, so I actually like the software telling me this instead of getting in trouble. Maybe that's what happened to the guy you're talking about. Perhaps the name appears for a few seconds until you get the popup saying you can't sit at that table because one of your skins is already around.

I wouldn't think it's a biggie at all.

As for different IP's, I think they would monitor the closeness of them, but I don't know, meh..
Old 06-11-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting Party Poker support. We would like to reassure you that all our games use state of the art random number generators.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Thank you, come again.

Ganeesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to remind me that this bonus cannot be clubbed along with any others.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:22 PM

I sat down at a table the other day that I "was already sitting at" with another alias. I was playing from the same ISP and I saw it let me sit for a split second but then took me away with the message that they had detected me at the table. Out of hundreds of times doing this, I had never noticed my name actually appearing at the table before.

Maybe this is what happened in your instance since with the simailar names it seems that this player would not be quite obviuos at the same table.

MrX
Old 06-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Were the 2 ppl Tkaa_ and Tka___? If so thats me. It happens all the time as I just hit the search button when trying to get 8 tables open as fast as possible. It lets you sit there until you click ok to buy your chips then it kicks you off the table immediatly.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:33 PM

So if it was you, OOC, how come you have two IPs?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:36 PM

I would imagine its the new feature of allowing people to reserve the seat b4 they buy-in. Thus showing the player with 0 money then not allowing them to buy in, since they are already seated under different alias.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you come to the conclusion that there are two IPs?
Old 06-11-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have 2 IPs. It reserves the seat for you and you click on it. Your name shows up for a second with no $. When you click to buy in it automatically says "our servers show you are already seated at this table. Please choose another table. Thank you for your continued cooperation." or something like that.